Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: "Truing" an AR's receiver face?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    One caution with these tools.

If you take off too much material, the barrel extension sits back too deep in the upper, creating catch points where the feedramps transition from aluminum to steel.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    One caution with these tools.

If you take off too much material, the barrel extension sits back too deep in the upper, creating catch points where the feedramps transition from aluminum to steel.
    That's the first thing I checked when I saw 360 degree contact. But I was good by a long shot. Brownells should probably NOT show the drill usage on their video. Hand lapping works fine.

Also... this is to get my Black River Tactical gas ported barrel back into the game. I'm sick of not having an SBR with a can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well... truing the receiver did absolutely nothing for this piece of sh1t. I do think that truing up the receiver has some value.... just not on a piece of shit windom upper. I plan on buying a real upper and chop sawing this in half when a real AR upper shoots close to mechanical zero. This isn't the first time Bushmaster has wasted my time on this planet.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415