Thread: Kel-Tec Sub2000 .40

Feedback Score

Kel-Tec Sub2000 .40

Today I managed to snag a Kel-Tec Sub2000 (.40cal) from my father who's getting rid of a lot of his guns and moving over to pistols only for some strange reason.

Anyhow, I took it apart, did a detail cleaning on it. Accurately, how long can this reach out to? Is it more like a pistol and doesn't have a very long range? Obviously it's not going to reach out to 200 yards, but, I've never shot a pistol/rifle firearms like this before.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Check on YouTube that guy nutnfancy reviewed one. He goes in to detail can't fault him for that.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    Ah great, thanks a lot.

Feedback Score
    I have one that takes the Beretta 96 mags.
    It is a great 100 yard plinker.

The sights are poor, and not reliably adjustable, but are fine for plinking.

I chrono a little over 100fps faster out of it than the pistol.

sighted in at 50 it drops about 4 inches at 100, which is about an inch less than it would drop at pistol velocity, but you sight radius, etc. makes it way easier to nail stuff with the keltec than a pistol at 100.

Feedback Score
    I had one of these in 9mm that took Glock mags. It was neat but poorly made, the grip split on me during mag changing drills. If you can find one Blueforce Gear made a nice replacement front sight for it with a rail for mounting a light.

Feedback Score
    Isnt this section for ar's and not other types of weapons?
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Isnt this section for ar's and not other types of weapons?
    Probably, none the less the thread was here so I figured I would give my $.02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's either this or "Other Assault Rifles." We're good here...
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a sub2000 .40 that takes Glock mags. About 100 meters is max range. It functions flawlessly so far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have the 9mm and .40S&W version and found accurate hits can be made with the 9mm out to about 150yds on 10x12 plates using lighter +P or +P+ 115 or 124gr loadings.

The .40S&W also needs lighter bullets in the 135 to 155gr weights for ranged shooting as the higher velocity helps with drop a bit over the slower and heavier choices.

For vermin control I use the Federal 115gr +P+ H/P's and find this loading has the least drop over distance then any other 9mm load I have found.

With the .40S&W the 135gr loadings have the least drop but are not as accurate over distance but the next bump up the 155gr seems to do better in the accuracy department but with a little more drop.

If I was going to use either for H/D then both would be loaded with either Federal HST or Speer Gold Dots in 147gr for the 9mm and 180gr for the .40S&W

PPC's are fun guns to own and shoot and can do in a pinch for H/D or close range hunting but the nicest perk is when the rifle ammo runs out and is unavailable at the stores at least with a PPC you still have a long gun to plink with or for emergency home defense as long as your pistol ammo holds out.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.