Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage MKII FV-SR ??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own a Savage MKII-TR and picked up a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 with mil dots to use on it. I was not completely happy with it and replaced it with a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10 power scope with mil dots. I believe that the Bushnell has clearer glass and I am able to shoot better groups with it.

Update: I recently took the rifle out to the range and shot 1MOA groups with Wolf MT at 207 yards.
    Last edited by T2C; 05-14-13 at 08:12.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A friend picked one of these up from Gunnies a few weeks ago. We are going to try and get to the range with it tomorrow.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Got mine put together! It like aguila super snipers!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I don't mind the stock. It's nothing special but it works for me.
    Ditto. I believe McMillan makes a stock for over $500 and there are the Boyd laminates which look nice but the inletting is not great.

I recently picked up a Mk ll FV and am in the process of setting it up. The plastic stock is not at all correct for scope use, so I have on order a kydex cheek rest from Tac-Pro.

The upside of the plastic stock is that it seems much less flexible than the Hogue that came with my 700 SPS Tac and the action/barrel fits in it perfectly - the barrel is fully free floated and the action pulls down nicely in the stock. Normal handling of the rifle or using a bipod does not flex the forearm enough to make contact with the barrel. It's fully weatherproof and won't split like a wood stock. It may not be ideal, but it's not terrible either.

FWIW, since this rifle is intended for general target/plinking/pest control use, I'm topping it with a Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32, AO, Duplex Dot, Matte scope in Leupold PRW low rings - the AO bell should clear the barrel by about .05".
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have a MarkII-TR and I love it. With Wolf ammo this thing will throw a crazy group at 100 yards. At least for me it does. I shoot like Michael J Fox so it's not saying much.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Just put a Boyd SS Evolution stock on my Mark II

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Savage MKII FV-SR ??

Had mine for 6 months or so. Really like it

Boyd's stock and Mueller APT scope

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one with the Boyd's Tacticool stock as well. I get 1/2" groups with Wolf Match Target. I can easily go through 3-400 rounds playing on 2 and 300 yard steel. I have zero POI shift with my Silencerco Sparrow SS.

Last edited by armed_zebra; 06-24-13 at 16:22.
    Silence can not be misquoted!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Savage MKII FV-SR ??

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Had mine for 6 months or so. Really like it

Boyd's stock and Mueller APT scope

Wasn't even aware this stock existed. Now I must have one! Are these a drop in fit?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes the boyds tacticool is a drop-in but you will also need the DIP bottom metal kit.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast