Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SO... Does the SAFE ACT Nullify the Preban?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SO... Does the SAFE ACT Nullify the Preban?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Tell your friend we said thank you the fullest extent possible.
    This. Talk about giving your life in the defense of freedom.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ill just leave this right here.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-...#axzz2Pv5dyD8w

And I will add that having spoke with a number of my friends in clinical circles (e.g. social workers, nursing, etc) who work in outpatient/inpatient psych counseling there is a big push from the state to more or less expand the reach of the new 9.46 reporting laws to include patients who don't even meet emergency involuntary admission criteria. Meaning their not in such a state of crisis that they sre a harm to themselves or others just upset or depressed essentially.

Sooo yea, awesome.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SO... Does the SAFE ACT Nullify the Preban?

Another reason why I don't have a pistol "permit" here. #1, the idea of it offends me, and #2, shit like this happens. They arbitrarily take away your "permission" to exercise your "privilege"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    For you guys that asked Arlington TX is the place. The James Town troopers to the best of my knowledge are not targeting the ranges. The guys that I spoke to speculated it may be one ass-clown trying to make a name for himself but they are not aware of any orders. The trooper survey is in circulation and its 99.1% in opposition to SAFE but its going to take time to get it all together.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ill just leave this right here.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-...#axzz2Pv5dyD8w

And I will add that having spoke with a number of my friends in clinical circles (e.g. social workers, nursing, etc) who work in outpatient/inpatient psych counseling there is a big push from the state to more or less expand the reach of the new 9.46 reporting laws to include patients who don't even meet emergency involuntary admission criteria. Meaning their not in such a state of crisis that they sre a harm to themselves or others just upset or depressed essentially.

Sooo yea, awesome.
    I was waiting for this to happen. One of the main ways that I argued to the people I know who support gun control that this law is bad was because of the pitfalls of the 9.46 reporting laws.

They all insisted such a reality would never happen to people unless it was absolutely necessary.

There is no way this law can stand, it is going to get hit from all directions with challenges.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Abuse was inevitable from day one.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 04-10-13 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    That was my take on it as well respect to grandfathered guns not needing to comply with the one feature nonsense but the law as I read it appears to directly contradict itself it more ways then one... that said I see nothing in it barring possession of and purchasing of lower recievers since their is no way to ascertain it's state of compliance. Its just a lower, nor is there anything saying said lowers can't be bought and registered as a pistol save for the weight restrictions. At any rate if build up an AR pull the gas tube or do something else with the DI system to render it a non semiautomatic then its exempt from needing to be registered anyway.

But like y'all said noone is going to comply anyways so the hell with them.
    Thats a really good point. In the UK they transformed a number of former semi autos into straight pull back bolt rifles. I got to see them first hand at a British gun club in 2005.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I know that pre-unSAFE Act firearms do not have comply with the newest feature test as long as they are registered since compliant rifles do not have to be registered. The last time I read the law it seemed like the banned by name section was gone and there was nothing indicating that registered "assault weapons" had to comply with the prior NY "assault weapon" ban.

As per PL 265.00-22a(v) The term "assault weapon" does not include, "any weapon validly registered pursuant to subdivision sixteen-a of section 400.00 of this chapter. Such weapons shall be subject to the provisions of paragraph (h) of this subdivision. [Paragraph H deals with the transfer or sale of such weapons]

PL 400.00-16a specifies what registration information is to be given and to whom, and when the weapon had to be owned, but says nothing about features.

Feedback Score
    there is no such thing as a preban now. any rifle w/ the evil features is considered an assault rifle and must be registered.

all previous laws are gone once the safe act started.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted10 View Post
    any rifle w/ the evil features is considered an assault rifle and must be registered.

I wish them well in this endeavor... ha.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast