Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CSI this deer....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damn....15-20 deer all dead in one area from drinking the water
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-14-13 at 23:06.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yep, bad juju for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep, when it hits, it hits hard. But herds usually rebound within a couple of years. Seems to be Nature's way of thinning the ranks a wee bit.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd say you can definitely rule out poaching. Those worthless critters will usually cut off the rack, even if it is damaged. Most likely a disease of some sort. If you really want to dig deep the AL dept on conservation ( http://www.outdooralabama.com/contact/might ) may be able to shed some light on possible diseases in your area. If you don't get any info there I have a wildlife biologist contact I can ask to look at the pics and see if he can shed any light on the situation. He is in Alabama and has done some whitetail research there. pm me if I can help.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Id be willing to bet he broke that main beam off while he was in velvet. Thus giving it a rounded or wore appearance on the nub. Depending on the accessability of the area you found tha carcass in, it could be very likely a natural death/disease of some sort.
    Colt 6920
    BCM 14.5 Mid
    Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234