Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MD Voluntary Militia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MD Voluntary Militia

Our strong state delegate supporter of 2A is organizing a "Voluntary Militia"

From Delegate Don Dwyer

Dear Maryland Patriots,

I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the “Voluntary Militia”. That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes “a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government.”

http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryla...i3u8Y.facebook

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

You are most likely correct. It would be at least 50% plus.

But.....Better to have them than not. IMO
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=ffhounddog;1602035]I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly plump.

Keep living, you'll be there before you know it...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Never thought to see the day I'd ever say this, either to myself or of course publicly, but that is starting to sound like a damn good idea. Love to see them start popping up everywhere and have membership swiftly surpass millions nationwide.

Leadership in each state must be knowledgable of the laws, well informed and also well spoken. No Yeagers, but on the flip-side no Lapierre's either. Lunatics and warmongers must be ejected in order to maintain legality and also attract the average gun owner.

For the good of this ever endangered nation I truly hope this idea now sounds as less crazy to others as it does to me.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a government official is making a 'list' of all the radical, rebel gunners that refuse to comply.
    Don't worry your names will be kept confidential.

Sounds like a great idea. We should trust our politicians.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 04-05-13 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will never work, too many **** ups, psychos and want a be mall ninjas out there with delusions of grandeur to keep any serious discipline or organization.

Maybe this could have worked back in the 40's or early 50's when national spirit and pride filled the land but now days its all self advancement and personal greed. I just don't see this happening on a loose Voluntary basis with no MCOJ to regulate conduct/behavior within the group.

What was it that the Russian Cosmonaut said in Armageddon.

"You American's, Nothing but a bunch of Cowboys!"
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

MD Voluntary Militia

Not so sure about it not working. It would have issues of the scale was allowed to balloon right off the bat. Lots of states already have state militias in addition to the national guard units and they seem to be able to make them work. Texas is one of those states and the state guard hasn't gone off the deep end AFAIK. They are also not a combat arms group though.

I think if you ran it with common sense a state militia can be made to work. Officers would need to have military experience or go through an OCS type program. Enlisted guys need to have a background run like you would for a CHL and go through some form of basic training. If they don't cut the mustard they get the boot. If police agencies can make volunteer reserve officer programs work so can a state funded militia.

If you run it like a come one come all and no one gets turned away then you're ****ed.

IMO the biggest problems aren't going to be the fat dumbasses, but the federal agents tripping over themselves trying to make a terror, or illegal gun bust.
    Last edited by TAZ; 04-05-13 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My advice would be to get involved with the local Sheriff's. We've had some group meetings in PA where people met to discuss supporting the Sheriff in times of need. Different places call them different things "reserves", "posse's", etc.

Banding together in concert with law enforcement officials who support our cause is a good way to weed out the people who want to advocate illegal/ dangerous activities that benefit no-one in the long run.

It's also a good way to establish a network of people who are willing to stand for their beliefs, while respecting the rule of law.

I'm not so sure it's worth comparing to a full blown militia, but at least you're working towards a common goal and establishing some strength in numbers should the need arise.

Feedback Score
    What someone else said, doubtful it would work. Is there going to be some sort of training? How is someone going to organize a non military volunteer group? Maybe the volunteers will get together for a game of bowling and grab a couple of beers after and call it good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast