Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mk12 type Build done!

Feedback Score
    Crane as well as in-command Gunners mates who are the armorers and gunsmiths who are unsung heroes that make sure that the Operators have top of the line weapons that will function no matter what. While I was in Norfolk I was a member of a weekend shooting league that was made up of all service branches as well as FBI, ICE, BATFE, State Police, local SWAT as well as Operators from the FAST, MEU SOC and SEALs. Since tactical competition is a great way to keep the skill level at a higher level it was very cool to talk about the latest firearms and got to shoot some very cool firearms that would show up on the cover of firearms magazines a few months later. One of my favorite pistols was the HK45 and HK USP CT 45 with the extended threaded barrel specially since I had the USP 45 Compact.

I did not know that the MK12 were being phased out but knowing the kind of magic the Gunners Mates can do the Mk12 will be re-incarnated into something else. Just look at the M-14 that Arctic Warfare Operators have been using for many years.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
    |SA Custom Shop 1911-A1 Loaded,(MEU SOC) Mil-Spec|Sig 1911 TacOps&1911 22LR|XDM9 5.25|Glock 22&19|HK USP 45 Comp & USC 45ACP|Ruger KP97, 3 10/22, Mini-30lTaurus PT92AFD & PT-140lColt King Cobra 4inchlBushmaster Magpul CAR-15, Spikes Tactical Lower/Colt 16” HBAR 7.62x39 Tactical, Spikes Tactical/Custom 24” Bull Barrel Sniperl Mossberg Custom 590A1, 500 Blackwater Breacher, 500 Persuader, 24” Slug Gunl
    US Navy Disabled Veteran, NRA Member, Conceal Weapon Permit Holder

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by af22raptor View Post
    Crane as well as in-command Gunners mates who are the armorers and gunsmiths who are unsung heroes that make sure that the Operators have top of the line weapons that will function no matter what. While I was in Norfolk I was a member of a weekend shooting league that was made up of all service branches as well as FBI, ICE, BATFE, State Police, local SWAT as well as Operators from the FAST, MEU SOC and SEALs. Since tactical competition is a great way to keep the skill level at a higher level it was very cool to talk about the latest firearms and got to shoot some very cool firearms that would show up on the cover of firearms magazines a few months later. One of my favorite pistols was the HK45 and HK USP CT 45 with the extended threaded barrel specially since I had the USP 45 Compact.

I did not know that the MK12 were being phased out but knowing the kind of magic the Gunners Mates can do the Mk12 will be re-incarnated into something else. Just look at the M-14 that Arctic Warfare Operators have been using for many years.
    Mk23 HK great pistol.........very bulky

My next pistol P226 Tactical with SRT trigger in 9mm .........my son has one........if I can ever get him to trade with me.
    Last edited by Alaska3006; 04-13-14 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    Mk23 is way too big and bulky and most of the Seals that I have talked to about sidearms prefer a 1911, Sig 226 9mm some prefer the 40sw, Sig 220 45acp, HK45 with extended threaded barrel, or the HK45 Compact Tactical or USP Compact Tactical 45 with the 4.46 inch threaded barrel, or the Glock 17/Glock 22.
    http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/pistols.asp
    The HK's Compact Tactical give the majority of the capabilities of the MK23 except the locking the slide during a suppressed or unsuppressed shot. The other advantage over that the CT have over the Mk23 is that the CT are almost 3/4LB lighter. I had a Team Armorer tweak my USP Compact and replace the spurless hammer with a standard one just like HK did with the HK45 Compact.

I purchased a Sig P226 E squared in 40sw last year and I love it. Having the Rail is great and the SRT trigger is AWESOME in single action. I was originally looking for the Tac Ops 226 but my LGS did not have one but they did have the E square which comes with 3 factory mags, SRT trigger, Night Sights, and the Slim one piece grips with the new hammer strut relocated but no beavertail frame. The sights on the 226 Tac Ops fiber optic/night sights have been having issues with the fiber optic coming out or just breaking off. My fiancee got me a Sig 1911 Tac Ops 45acp this Valentine Day and I am going to test fire it tomorrow with a couple of Navy buddies. The 1911 qualified for the Sig Promotion that when one of the selected Sig 1911 was purchased Sig gave a FREE Sig 1911 22LR pistol.

I am almost done with my SRP/MK12 project still have a few minor details to work out like finalizing the grip, I had the YHM flip front sight that was attached to the barrel but I replaced with a Magpul MBUS, I installed a Nikon M223 4x16 42mm scope with the 600 yard BCR I have yet had a chance to get it sight it and have the scope set to work with M262 Mod 0 ammo the Black Hills Ammunition 77gr OTM and set the scope to be able to take shots out to atleast 300 yards since that is the max range available to shoot in my area there is a 500 yeard range but its 3 and half hours away and since I just had MAJOR back surgery from a service connected injury in the line of duty I cannot those types of trips right now maybe in the fall.
    |SA Custom Shop 1911-A1 Loaded,(MEU SOC) Mil-Spec|Sig 1911 TacOps&1911 22LR|XDM9 5.25|Glock 22&19|HK USP 45 Comp & USC 45ACP|Ruger KP97, 3 10/22, Mini-30lTaurus PT92AFD & PT-140lColt King Cobra 4inchlBushmaster Magpul CAR-15, Spikes Tactical Lower/Colt 16” HBAR 7.62x39 Tactical, Spikes Tactical/Custom 24” Bull Barrel Sniperl Mossberg Custom 590A1, 500 Blackwater Breacher, 500 Persuader, 24” Slug Gunl

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm also doing an SPR build. Any issues with your Spikes lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I suggest try to copy the Orignal mk 12 close as possible with Colt/ upper and lower
    It will add to value of your rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    I suggest try to copy the Orignal mk 12 close as possible with Colt/ upper and lower
    It will add to value of your rifle
    I agree but I've already purchased the components and I got a spikes lower because it was available locally and at a good price. I'm almost afraid to even mention spikes on this forum for fear of getting flamed. Everything else I've purchased is of excellent quality (Rainier ultramatch spr, bcm upper/bcg, centurion cmr, geissele ssa-e). I was just wondering what his consensus of his lower was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    I'm also doing an SPR build. Any issues with your Spikes lower?

I have build 5 Spikes Tactical Lowers with Spike and Colt LPKs without any issues. Since I live about 30 minutes from Spikes Tactical its easier to go to their shop and take a look around the new stuff and pick up the lowers. The lowers are Top Notch and do not have any issues with alignment of the pins. I highly recommend them!
    Last edited by af22raptor; 04-22-14 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by af22raptor View Post
    I have build 5 Spikes Tactical Lowers with Spike and Colt LPKs without any issues. Since I live about 30 minutes from Spikes Tactical its easier to go to their shop and take a look around the new stuff and pick up the lowers. The lowers are Top Notch and do not have any issues with alignment of the pins. I highly recommend them!
    That's good to know! I know there's not much love for them around here but if it runs, it runs. Thanks for the boost in my confidence of my lower!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    That's good to know! I know there's not much love for them around here but if it runs, it runs. Thanks for the boost in my confidence of my lower!

Not a Problem! Spikes also has a very nice standard LPK and the Enhanced one comes with the KNS pin kit and ambi safety. I also found the Collapsible tube extension to be very well build and finished! I do not work for Spike I just like to give credit where credit is due.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12