Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Accessory

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, sorry, "master" was the wrong word, but I firmly believe that everyone should have a firm grasp of the basics of using the rifle, i.e. sight alignment, sight picture, breathing, etc. that comes from getting experience with iron sights before going out to spend a couple hundred dollars on an RDS. Especially a young person who is just getting started with an AR15.

Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ammo, mags, sling, ammo, mags, ammo. Mags break and ammo gets used so you can never have enough in my opinion. A quality sling is also a must have. I read that you were interested inn a fixed rear sight, may I suggest a flip up rear sight. I use a Troy DOA and for me I like the flip up because when running my eotech there is less in the way. If you have the A2 front sight I would suggest you buy a mount for your optics so the red dot will clear the front sight post

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Smile

I was being foolish when i got my ar, i bought a bad lever the day i got the rifle, i was a lil too excited. Ive since then taken it off, to learn to properly use the paddle first

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good advice here throughout. I would simply echo that, particularly for a new buyer/shooter, there is a significant difference between needs and wants that isn't always obvious.

The rifle needs very little. Sights, magazines, ammo and a sling.

It makes sense to add a light and RDS as time, training and funds permit, but none of these are show-stoppers for a rifle that has no immediate service role. They are things that you add as your skills and understanding grow.

Take the time to develop some basic competence with the gun, and get comfortable with the characteristics of how and why it does what it does. Many, if not most, of these questions will answer themselves in time, but they will be your answers, and not something gleaned from anonymous internet posts or skimming magazine ads.

Folks tend to get this backwards in an attempt to build a gun that looks the part, but which is not all-that-well-suited to individual needs. The Equipment Exchange is full of stuff that "seemed like a good idea at the time," but which really was neither needed, nor even wanted, in the end.

We've all been there, but the difference in your case is that you are seeking wisdom at an unusually-young age. Most of us pretty much already knew everything that there is to know by our early-20s, and only managed to figure out that we were actually idiots a few years later. 'Tis the curse of every man-pup.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I got my lower! BCM 16" BFH upper with 13" Troy VTAC Alpha rail, BCM blem lower from Grant, Daniel Defense sights, Blue Force Gear VCAS padded sling, B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo stock, and a Streamlight TLR-1 on the way!

Levi

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    I was buying ammo and mags way before I could afford my AR..just saying!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the conversation i was searching the same things, i'm interested in buy a Daniel Defense M4V3 but did know the requirements for this, Your experience is working very good for me.
    Live with passion.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456