Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt M4 Carbine 6920 front sight removal

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Do not remove the a2 fsb IMO.

Simply change out the magpul guards for a VLTOR CASV-EL drop in free float rail that will give you your extended hand purchase area, free floating, and absolutely no modification.

I have and use the CASV-S and it is a great product. Rigid and completely free of crap, err rails, unless you install them yourself, wherever you want them.

Caveat: Your magpul rear folding buis will either need to be filed a bit to fit behind the casv-el, or replaced for a Troy rear folding buis (which are also fantastic quality sights).

ETA LINK:
    http://www.vltor.com/casv-sub.htm
    Appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The rail beyond or past the FSB serves a purpose. It's to mount a light at 12 o'clock which is the most preferential location for a number of reasons. I suggest that you take a while to read and understand the system more.
    I see, I figured a light at 12 o'clock would be in my view area, I will have to read up on where it is best to attach different accessories. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Second Gunz's recommendation on one of the Centurion rails. If you insist on removing the FSB, send it to Robb Jensen on here for a top notch shave job. https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=394
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Second Gunz's recommendation on one of the Centurion rails. If you insist on removing the FSB, send it to Robb Jensen on here for a top notch shave job. https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=394
    Thanks for the info, sounds like most recommend leaving the FSB on.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'd leave it. Gunz is right of course, you can't get much simpler with a quad rail than Centurion. Handguard cap/delta ring are all you need to remove.

If you feel like spending some quality time with your grinder, you can cut your FSB/grind it down into a low profile gas block. I did that to make room for a 10" C4 rail.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    I'd leave it. Gunz is right of course, you can't get much simpler with a quad rail than Centurion. Handguard cap/delta ring are all you need to remove.

If you feel like spending some quality time with your grinder, you can cut your FSB/grind it down into a low profile gas block. I did that to make room for a 10" C4 rail.
    Are you happy with that? I don't really mind the FSB but the HK front sight is easier for me to see. If I decide to add the Troy BUIS I would really like the front to go along with it.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Colt M4 Carbine 6920 front sight removal

Completely happy with it. Cheap and robust solution.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You might also consider the Troy Battlerail Delta or the Troy Battlerail Charlie. These are drop-in free float rails that require no modifications. I have no experience with these particular rails, but all the Troy gear I've used is good stuff.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It's honestly not hard at all. I just did an install of a Daniel Defense RIS II FSP rail this past week (Much like the Centurion FSP rail, but a requires a little extra work).

I've been shooting an AR for the past 4 years or so and just now decided I wanted a longer rail( I have longer arms so the extra reach is nice). I say take your time and learn what it is you dislike about the current setup and go from there.

The Centurion C4 is probably your best bet if you just have to have a rail, since it uses the stock barrel nut. You will have to dremel off the delta ring and spring however.

Definitely make sure you have the right tools before you even THINK about doing anything though. Going off of some of the more experienced members advice, I used a Geissele reaction rod, proper punch set, and Brownelles front sight block and it was easy as can be. The tools aren't exactly cheap in comparison to what you pay for the rail, but the peace of mind that it was put together properly is worth the money.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Appreciate the responses everyone. I have learned quite a bit in this thread alone. I think I am going to wait to install a rail until I can actually get out and shoot. I know in the future I will want one but as of now, I'm not sure whether to add a FSP rail or grind down the FBS and add a regular rail with BUIS. Hopefully I can make up my mind!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123