Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FN barrels - made where?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Correct. And most of the info posted here has been made public and discussed numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    DD has their own HF machine.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Barrels can no longer be imported.
    They would have to be manufactured in SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Wonder who is making the US AUG clone CHF barrels?
    FN is.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Northeast suburb of Columbia, SC. I saw the plant, when I was there in grad school in the mid-'90's.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a 16" spikes carbine and I have a 20" PSA with the FN barrel and they both shoot great! Very accurate and great function.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    The barrels are made 10 minutes down the road from us in Columbia, SC. If I remember correctly, the plant here also does the FNX handguns, M16, M249, and M240B. They also do odds and ends for the other firearms they manufacture.

Ironically, the plant is located across the street from a large liberal-type shopping area.

If you are fortunate enough or know someone you can get a tour of the plant!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    FN is.
    Thanks, my impression was that there was a relatively small number of CHF machines in the US for barrel making. Remington, FN, I think one of the HK clone companies, etc. And apparently DD as well.

Maybe there are more now, but that was my understanding

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Thanks, my impression was that there was a relatively small number of CHF machines in the US for barrel making. Remington, FN, I think one of the HK clone companies, etc. And apparently DD as well.

Maybe there are more now, but that was my understanding
    Winchester and Remington started using CHF machines back in the 1960s. Ruger started in the early 1970s. It is not new or rare technology by any means.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    The Spikes branded FN barrels are excellent. I've used them in many builds and have never have a problem with them. The packaging states made in USA.

Their Special profile is in between a Govt and Lightweight. It's a good compromise.
    PSA also sells that FN special profile barrel, I got one last year. I think they call it the lighter profile. They also have FN pencil and gov't profiles. The "in betweener" uses the .750" gas block like the gov't and not the .625" block of the pencil barrel. All three are .625" under the handguards but forward of the gas block they're all different diameters. The 16" pencil is only 2-3 oz lighter than the new profile. Forward of the gas block you have to look hard to see the difference between the new profile and the gov't.
    Last edited by Quentin; 04-30-13 at 16:18.
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Barrels can no longer be imported.
    You sure about that? I was under the impression that only used/surplus barrels were effected.
    Last edited by gunnut284; 04-30-13 at 16:58.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast