Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Rail Light Mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    You can also place a right side mount on the top rail for a 10-11 o'clock or a left side on the top rail for a 1-2 o'clock.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Are these available anywhere yet? Brownell's is pre order, BCM doesn't have them listed, PSA says TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK (they also have the pics wrong like Brownell's), optics planet is a hell no with how they like to sell stuff before they have it, and Primary Arms is showing out of stock. Anyone I missed that has them in stock? I did sign up for email notification when in stock where I could, haven't had one email yet.
    Last edited by mastiffhound; 12-09-13 at 20:36.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These shipped out last week to all the places you mentioned, so they should be showing up soon. Initial quantities were small, but they're continuing to go out the door.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    question - does this mount the light with more of a vertical or horizontal offset?

reason for my question is I like the light mounted tight to the FSB @ 11:00. would getting the left hand version and mounting on the left side give a different placement than a right hand version mounted on the top rail?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Brownell's has them listed as in stock but they still have them listed wrong. Of all the places to get stuff wrong I would think Brownell's would be last. I order from them and BCM the most because too many billy-bob sites selling knock offs from china exist. I want to order one right now but I don't want get the wrong damn one! If I find another place I will list it here for any that are interested.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "SPQR476" Duane,

Have a question regarding placement at the 12 O'clock rail
    - If this Magpul Left Hand Light Mount mounted behind a A2 FSB with a Inforce HSP/WML, would it clear the FSB on the Left Hand Side?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiffhound View Post
    Brownell's has them listed as in stock but they still have them listed wrong. Of all the places to get stuff wrong I would think Brownell's would be last. I order from them and BCM the most because too many billy-bob sites selling knock offs from china exist. I want to order one right now but I don't want get the wrong damn one! If I find another place I will list it here for any that are interested.
    I contacted Brownells about the photos. Should be sorted out soon.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    question - does this mount the light with more of a vertical or horizontal offset?

reason for my question is I like the light mounted tight to the FSB @ 11:00. would getting the left hand version and mounting on the left side give a different placement than a right hand version mounted on the top rail?..
    The difference in light position is dependent on rail geometry...if your rail is "round", then the light will be in close to the same place whether top or side. As rails get narrower from side to side, the position of the light will change more perceptibly when switching from top to side. It also depends whether the rings are used or not. There are a LOT of rails out there, and a LOT of lights that this fits, so if we did a fitment chart, it would look more like a book. We may still tackle that.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast