Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3-Gun Action Shooting Sport

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This part cracks me up!

Keeping with the fantasy aspect of this sport, each competitor will adopt a “call sign”. The call sign will be exclusively your own when registered as an A.L.Ph.A.S. member. Most people, who participate in online forums, already have these to some extent. The only restrictions placed on call signs are that they must not be your real name and must be printable; “Turd Ball” would be acceptable where “Sh*t Bag” would not. Call signs are exclusive; there can only be one “Hitman”; “Hitman 2” or “Hitman 2-1” would not be acceptable either. However, one could change that to “NC Hitman” (invoking their home state) and be acceptable. Adding “too”, “II”, “2”, “the”, etc. to a call sign is also not acceptable. Bottom line, if it sounds the same, it is the same. When registered with CQTAS as members, all call signs are protected from duplication and recognized as original and unique to the owner for the membership period. Benefits and further details about membership are included in the membership section.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 05-27-13 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't understand your question.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Okay, how about this...'fantasy aspect; call sign..WTF?? there is a question for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Okay, how about this...'fantasy aspect; call sign..WTF?? there is a question for you.
    Lol! I was thinking Private Parts

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Tread lightly, he who takes himself too seriously, lest he be thought a fool by his peers.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Tread lightly, he who takes himself too seriously, lest he be thought a fool by his peers.
    I appreciate what your trying to do by creating an organization for new shooters or guys that dont want to go buy new guns and gear to be competitive but forcing people to adopt an imaginary handle is going to alienate your group. Ill shoot anything that's fun but I'm not make up a name to do it.

PS I like the idea of easier more realistic targets too. It seems all the big 3 gun matches are getting harder and harder as the competitors get better and better. I like shooting fast and hitting what I shoot at.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 05-27-13 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dude, it's cool! You can certainly use your real name as your call sign! It is fun and you're welcome at any event!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Dude, it's cool! You can certainly use your real name as your call sign! It is fun and you're welcome at any event!
    Roger that. I'd put that in the rules then. Like I said when I read that paragraph my first thoughts were of "That Guy" in Vietnam era fatigues at the local gun show that everyone avoids.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That part is addressed. Point taken.

Feedback Score
    That was a bit harsh and am glad you weren't too offended. Hope your matches are a resounding success.

Jesse is sure right about the current matches, too!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast