Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever Guns Picture threads, etc

Feedback Score
    My Winchester 1873. It's in 45 Colt. Yes, I know, Winchester never made a '73 in 45 Colt. But, Winchester didn't make it, I did. I picked up a stripped frame with lower tang cheap, the number was worn to unreadable. I had the hammer still in it. Those are the original parts, the rest, I did, one way or another. The barrel was made from two barrels, and original Winchester barrel in 32-20 that was shot out, and a Rossi .45 Colt barrel for a '92 model. I measured down the tapers to where they were the same size, cut the shot out barrel off and bored it out to about halfway between the bore size and OD. The Rossi barrel was turned to be a tap in fit. They were put together and carefully welded around the octagon, and then it was re-straightened. The magazine tube is also Rossi '92. The front sight was made, as that early style was hard to find. The rear was purchased. The wood was purchased and antiqued. The buttplate also purchased. The forend nose cap was made from scratch. The sideplates are modified Uberti, and antiqued. The lever, trigger, cartridge carrier lever, bolt, firing pin, and toggles were made from scratch. The receiver finish is as received, all other metal was antiqued. Springs are Uberti. I had no measurements, just pictures in books and a borrowed Uberti, but they changed all the dimensions, so I just had to use proportion and guesstimation. Made three sets of toggles, the last ones worked right, and drew the bolt back to the proper position.
    Shot for a few years in CAS before I stopped doing it. Still have the rifle. Of course, it's mine. In every way.

NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    My Winchester 1873. It's in 45 Colt. Yes, I know, Winchester never made a '73 in 45 Colt. But, Winchester didn't make it, I did. I picked up a stripped frame with lower tang cheap, the number was worn to unreadable. I had the hammer still in it. Those are the original parts, the rest, I did, one way or another. The barrel was made from two barrels, and original Winchester barrel in 32-20 that was shot out, and a Rossi .45 Colt barrel for a '92 model. I measured down the tapers to where they were the same size, cut the shot out barrel off and bored it out to about halfway between the bore size and OD. The Rossi barrel was turned to be a tap in fit. They were put together and carefully welded around the octagon, and then it was re-straightened. The magazine tube is also Rossi '92. The front sight was made, as that early style was hard to find. The rear was purchased. The wood was purchased and antiqued. The buttplate also purchased. The forend nose cap was made from scratch. The sideplates are modified Uberti, and antiqued. The lever, trigger, cartridge carrier lever, bolt, firing pin, and toggles were made from scratch. The receiver finish is as received, all other metal was antiqued. Springs are Uberti. I had no measurements, just pictures in books and a borrowed Uberti, but they changed all the dimensions, so I just had to use proportion and guesstimation. Made three sets of toggles, the last ones worked right, and drew the bolt back to the proper position.
    Shot for a few years in CAS before I stopped doing it. Still have the rifle. Of course, it's mine. In every way.

Wow! Impressive work, to say the least. That is a serious build thread.

Feedback Score
    Rossi M92 in .44 mag. I wanted a short handy carbine but with the heavy octagon barrel. Got a 24" rifle and had the barrel cut down to 18". (fiber optic front sight is no longer on there, too fragile) Very happy with it. Need a nice leather ammo cuff now.

Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 11-13-15 at 09:50.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That's gorgeous
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Oh man. Makes me want to get a lever now.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Me gusta.
    What caliber?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTRN View Post
    Me gusta.
    What caliber?
    .44 Magnum.
    I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation.
    Pope Pius X

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast