Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 Introduced at NRA Show

Feedback Score
    For this rifle were to really compete with the AR15, Beretta would need to adapt the design for "customization." People love having a gun that is different from their peers' even if the only differences are aftermarket furniture. It might make a dent in the market but unless the price comes to sub $1500 and the users are given aftermarket customization options it will probably only reach SCAR popularity or a little more due to the lower MSRP.
    Last edited by LibertyNeverDies; 05-07-13 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I'm actually very happy that the grip isn't interchangeable. I like that it prevents people from playing grip of the month depending on their mood,
    I wasn't aware that having options is a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I'm actually very happy that the grip isn't interchangeable. I like that it prevents people from playing grip of the month depending on their mood, even though I don't like the finger bump.

So everybody has to be the same huh?

Feedback Score
    It is what it is, but I do love me some uniformity.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-07-13 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    I am excited to see Beretta has brought this rifle to market. This is one rifle I would be a beta tester on if I had the spare cash.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Re: Beretta ARX-100 Introduced at NRA Show

I prefer to confirm.
    13 yrs army does that to people.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    All I know is that I like it, and I want one. Ever since I saw coverage of it at the 2011 SHOT SHOW.

Feedback Score
    I'm really intrigued by this rifle, especially as a left eye dominant, right handed shooter. I can have it eject left but can run he charging handle on the right. Seems very cool.

2 issues of concern:
    I know they are selling with 300 blackout, but I have seen pics of the military variant with a different mag well and ak mags.... Would love that... but I've also bought into the "multi caliber" dream only to have it not be delivered.

Also, any have any idea how this would suppress? The open sided chamber is going to vent back pressure out of both sides. It also doesn't seem to have an adjustable gas system. Am I over thinking this?

I will probably get one with a 300 blackout barrel. I'll also get a short 556 barrel and pin a can to it (Washington doesn't allow sbrs).

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know what you mean about others who have promised multi caliber not delivering. That's one of the reasons I am seriously looking at this rifle and have been reading everything I can find on the military ARX160 as a result. I have read a lot of European reviews of the ARX160 (some in English and some via translation software) and I have learned the answer to some of your questions so here goes.

AK compatibility - There are AK mag pattern conversion kits out there but none have apparently left Beretta yet. Beretta has let members of the European gun press (it does exist ) test them and all reports I have read have been positive. It uses an AK style mag release and the bolt hold open function goes away, however.

Suppression - Italian SF issues a 12.5" version with a suppressor that reportedly works very well provided you use a snap in ejection port cover supplied by Beretta that completely closes off the unused ejection port. Shooting suppressed without this cover guarantees a face full of gas blowback. Now if we can just get Beretta to sell us the port cover.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting one in 5.56 and then getting the 7.62 kit when it comes out. Here is pics stolen from another thread on another board. I already have an ARX160 that my kid has been training on.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast