Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 8 to 14 of 61

Thread: Magnesium AR lower

  1. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,938
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stupid.
    Manganese is brittle, and will burn hot as **** if it catches.
    Some people will always waste their money.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

    They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

  2. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ...or some 3rd world country
    Posts
    697
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Stupid.
    Manganese is brittle, and will burn hot as **** if it catches.
    Some people will always waste their money.
    I'm assuming you meant magnesium as manganese is an entirely different element. Autocorrect?

    Sorry to nitpick, but might as well be accurate. A manganese lower wouldn't be very lightweight, it's more than double the density of aluminum, let alone magnesium.
    Magnesium-vs-Manganese

    Hell, even if you made everything out of magnesium that is normally aluminum your weight savings wouldn't be that substantial if most of the weight is coming from the steel barrel anyway.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 05-03-13 at 04:44.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

  3. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    Feedback Score
    0
    The transmission and engine block in three of my cars are magnesium. I don't think you'll have to worry about spontaneous combustion.

  4. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,938
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I'm assuming you meant magnesium as manganese is an entirely different element. Autocorrect?

    Sorry to nitpick, but might as well be accurate. A manganese lower wouldn't be very lightweight, it's more than double the density of aluminum, let alone magnesium.
    Magnesium-vs-Manganese

    Hell, even if you made everything out of magnesium that is normally aluminum your weight savings wouldn't be that substantial if most of the weight is coming from the steel barrel anyway.

    Autocorrect in my brain.
    I'm a welder.
    My brain said manganese though I meant magnesium.
    Thanks for the kick in the butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

    They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

  5. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    511
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    The transmission and engine block in three of my cars are magnesium. I don't think you'll have to worry about spontaneous combustion.
    In a car fire, those will burn spectacularly.

    Only use chemical foam to put out a magnesium fire.

    It will react with both CO2 and water.

  6. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,656
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Magnesium AR lower

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    In a car fire, those will burn spectacularly.

    Only use chemical foam to put out a magnesium fire.

    It will react with both CO2 and water.
    Off topic but a local fireman was killed from an explosion when he put a dumpster fire out with water. The dumpster was filled with scrap magnesium from a machine shop. I've seen motorcycle accidents where the bike lit up like a welders arc when it crashed. Nasty stuff to be around when shit goes awry...

    Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

  7. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,503
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think Suarez is hawking these nowadays.

    http://www.warriortalknews.com/2013/...test-ar15.html

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •