Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RANT: Political correctness

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

RANT: Political correctness

Please forgive me. I'm sure i'm gonna end up offending someone.

By great Odin's beard.... There are NO AFRICAN AMERICANS!!!!!!! If you are a citizen of this country you are, first and foremost, an AMERICAN! If you are an African living within our borders and have yet to gain citizenship, guess what... your still an AFRICAN and do not get to claim that you are an american.

There are also very few "caucasians" living in the united states. I don't know about you all, but my folk hail from Scandinavia, not from either of the caucasus regions.

Let me sum this up for you. You are:
    Black
    White
    Asian
    Hispanic

period. end of discussion.

Feedback Score
    No.

You are:

White
    Black
    Asian
    Indian
    Pacific Islander
    Hispanic
    Other
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have always hated the phrase "African American" and have never used it. I live in a county that is 30% black, have lived in areas majority black, attended a high school half black, lived, worked, worshiped, played, shot with blacks all my adult life. I have never met one black person who prefered to be called "African American". The phrase is politically correct nonsense.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    No.

You are:

White
    Black
    Asian
    Indian
    Pacific Islander
    Hispanic
    Other
    i stand erected.

Feedback Score

RANT: Political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    i stand erected.

Just clarifying.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only African-Americans I know are all white skinned Jews who immigrated here via South Africa and Rhodesia after their homes were torched.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Here is a true African American...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    That makes me think of a funny story from college.

I was in an Anthropology class and the teacher, who was a real dingbat, was discussing X-Americanisms and having to explain it to the class and she asked that everyone tell what X-American, they were.

We had African, Chinese, Polish, etc then they came to me. I said American. She looked surprised and mildly offended and asked why I said that.

I said that firstly, my loyalty is first and foremost to America, not some other country, therefore, I am an American.

Secondly my family came here in 1650's and landed in Jamestown, before there was an America, as recognized today, so I guess I would have to be described as a Virginian American but I don't think that would be recognized plus, a couple hundred years later my family tried to start their own country but that didn't go so well and Confederate American is usually frowned upon. So it's easy to just go by American now.

I got a bunch of laughs and embarrassed the professor, so I enjoyed it immensely. (Several people after me also answered American, but without the snide comments).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    No.

You are:

White
    Black
    Asian
    Indian
    Pacific Islander
    Hispanic
    Other
    No, according the the form 4473 I am a white non-Hispanic, because you can be a white Hispanic...whatever. Try putting "human" in the race box of a Federal jury duty summons I was threatened with contempt of court for that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: RANT: Political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
    Here is a true African American...

Safrican!
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast