Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Glock mags?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Magpul Glock mags?

I have no knowledge of the legalities, but has Magpul considered making Glock magazines?
    Last edited by jtc556; 05-07-13 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Magpul Glock mags?

What for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it takes a magazine and there are a decent number of them in existence, we've probably at least taken a look at making magazines for it. Lots of things don't make it past that stage. Some do. Can't really talk about what's in the development or R&D pipeline, but yes, we've looked at the Glock platform.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP- What changes would you like to see in the OEM magazine that could make an aftermarket solution viable?
    Last edited by ST911; 05-29-13 at 13:58.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I'm not the OP but cost would be the biggest thing for me. Having a glock mag (17 rnd) that costs 3 times as much as a 30rnd AR mag kinda sucks. Makes it much harder to stock up on them. 14 dollar reliable glockpmags would be awsome! Even if i only used them for training.

19 round 9mm mags is another thought, with so many people putting plus twos on a mag, then getting extra long springs it seems to be silly to pay nearly 50 dollars for one 19 round glock mag.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 05-29-13 at 14:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Plato: What for?
    Skintop911: OP- What changes would you like to see in the OEM magazine that could make an aftermarket solution viable?

My interest is purely economical.
    I have no complaints with the OEM magazines, except that I never have enough.
    If it is beneficial for Magpul to make Glock mags at a competitive price and chances of it being a quality product are pretty dang good, why not?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Magpul Glock mags?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    I'm not the OP but cost would be the biggest thing for me. Having a glock mag (17 rnd) that costs 3 times as much as a 30rnd AR mag kinda sucks. Makes it much harder to stock up on them. 14 dollar reliable glockpmags would be awsome! Even if i only used them for training.

19 round 9mm mags is another thought, with so many people putting plus twos on a mag, then getting extra long springs it seems to be silly to pay nearly 50 dollars for one 19 round glock mag.
    This too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Can't really talk about what's in the development or R&D pipeline, but yes, we've looked at the Glock platform.
    That is encouraging. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    I think one of the reasons why the glock mags cost more is because of the steel liner. Not that this is worth the $20 price difference.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast