Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting bent over and raped by American Express - a story. (A Rant)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Wow that is interesting. Amex has always treated me right. Don't know about the transaction fees and such and to be honest I don't care. That's between them and their merchants.

Did they transfer your balance from your credit card or did the $$ go into cyberspace? Either way demand that they show you the signed paperwork authorizing the transfer. If they wont tell them they will be hearing from the DA and your lawyer. Did you make a copy of the app you sent in??
    Unfortunatly the DA is not going to touch this because its a civil issue not criminal. And an attorney is going to cost a lot more than the $150 fee he lost.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 05-03-13 at 18:15.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Getting bent over and raped by American Express - a story. (A Rant)

Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Yup, AMEX is worthless. We have actually STOPPED accepting AMEX and Discover cards at our shop. AMEX charges us 12.5% per transaction, Discover charges us 7%.
    You are getting royally screwed on credit card fees. Square's payment system lets you swipe cards with an iPhone and charges 2.75%.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just want to update.

I have been communicating with a "Suprabhat Kundu" via secure messages and he's probably the only person at AMEX who knows WTF is going on.

He was able to rescind the $150 fee (and my AMEX account is showing that he did so) but there is absolutely nothing he could do to cancel the payment this late in the game. He said even if he was able to cancel it, there is no telling when I'd get my $3000 back because they would have to verify that my other CC company didn't deposit it before they could give it back to me.

He did call my other CC company, inform them of the situation, and he told me that they said to call them immediately when the money posts and they'll get a check for the negative balance out ASAP.

A pain in the ass? Yes. Am I still angry? Yes.

But at least I was able to get in contact with someone who knows what they're doing, not waste any of my money, and get the situation rectified (While getting $21.39 for my troubles)
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-04-13 at 09:14.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    AMEN brother!

AMEX, just like most any other financial institution is representative of all that ails this great nation.
    Period.

Always paid bills on time, never any issues with them, other than accept their exuberant fees...
    Then the "meltdown" hits and I lose a good 75% of my bread and butter accounts, almost overnight, something that took 20+ years to build. Money gets a "bit" lean, basically burn out my (our) retirement in about 2 years time.
    Mortgage goes late, twice, 30+ days, then AMEX in their infinite benevolence cancels my card. But not after first charging me their annual fee............WTF!!!!???!!!
    Never one to be left behind, VISA then figures that would be an opportune moment to jack up their interest rate....(they are still trying to get my money)
    How I really feel? Well, in case they're listening (sure...)..............:
    You worthless waste of space parasite scum, all of you banks, hedgefunds, brokers, wallstreet, or whatever other mask you wear you ****ing gangsters, you are all criminals and the lowest life-form on this planet, there is a special place in hell just for you, and I'd love to get the opportunity to send you there!
    So there's my rant.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The first credit card I had ever was an Amex Blue. Got it my first year of college in '00. It only had. $500 limit at the time and I used it for emergencies only. A few years after finishing school I still had it, still with a $500 limit lol. It had a zero balance when I got a letter telling me that my interest was going up to something like 28.33%. So I called and canceled it. **** 'em. Half the places didn't accept it anyway.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Wow, AmEx sounds like the AT&T of credit cards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have one but have heard the stories. And in reference to them jacking up interest rates. A friend of mine had them do that a couple years back. Made payments on time, never missed payments, made sure that it was paid off. They jack his interest rate up something stupid and when he called he was basically told that his interest rate was being jacked up because he was a good customer and didn't miss any payments, so since you don't owe us your left nut and first born you must be punished. Someone in their upper workings must have worked for the government before getting the job there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Getting bent over and raped by American Express - a story. (A Rant)

This has become par for the course with seemingly everyone - or at least there has been a drastic increase in the horrible service.

"One man with courage makes a majority."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had an MBNA University of Central Florida VISA with a $500 limit. Bank of America bought out my account after about 4 years, cancelled my auto-payments, and didn't tell me that they did either of those things.

I get a letter after my account is 6 months delinquent that I owe hundreds of dollars in ****ing fees and other bullshit....based on the ~$90 balance I had at the time they cancelled my auto payments (which had been in place for 4 years).

My story was similar to Euro's. ****ing banking assholes.

Also, did I mention that BoA took care to ****ING DESTROY MY 780 credit score during the period of "non payment" that they caused. Took me years to get it back above 700. Goddamn assholes.

My grandmother may have been a backwoods hick from rural Central Kentucky, but she was RIGHT about bankers: they are all straight pieces of shit....and if you gave them an enema, you could bury them in a ****ing shoebox.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I had an MBNA University of Central Florida VISA with a $500 limit. Bank of America bought out my account after about 4 years, cancelled my auto-payments, and didn't tell me that they did either of those things.

I get a letter after my account is 6 months delinquent that I owe hundreds of dollars in ****ing fees and other bullshit....based on the ~$90 balance I had at the time they cancelled my auto payments (which had been in place for 4 years).

My story was similar to Euro's. ****ing banking assholes.

Also, did I mention that BoA took care to ****ING DESTROY MY 780 credit score during the period of "non payment" that they caused. Took me years to get it back above 700. Goddamn assholes.

My grandmother may have been a backwoods hick from rural Central Kentucky, but she was RIGHT about bankers: they are all straight pieces of shit....and if you gave them an enema, you could bury them in a ****ing shoebox.
    I trust autopay as much as I trust a rock to float. I just remember all my liabilities and pay them when they need to be paid for this very reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast