Thread: Dawson Precision Tool-Less Guide Rod for Springfield TRP Operator

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Dawson Precision Tool-Less Guide Rod for Springfield TRP Operator

Anyone running this guide rod (http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Produ...29E-1320694367) in their Springfield TRP? What do you think of it?
    Last edited by ddnguyen9; 05-05-13 at 02:30. Reason: Changed DP to Dawson Precision
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I currently have one in my TRP operator full rail. It does help a great deal with field stripping and cleaning. No more paperclips/staples to trap the spring back. At first I balked at the price, but after some hard use in courses and the ease of cleaning it now I see where my money went and am satisfied.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. I, too, have a Springfield TRP full rail. Awesome gun, huh?

Yeah I have a modified paperclip in my kit just for the TRP. It's a pain in the ass to field strip it. The price is a bit much for the rod, but I might just grab one once it comes back in stock.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Give this a try with a GI spring guide and spring.

http://www.10-8performance.com/recoi...-trp-operator/

edited for terminology
    Last edited by el_chingoton13; 05-06-13 at 20:38. Reason: edited for terminology
    Justin

Feedback Score
    I don't have a Springer, but I do have the Dawson Tool Less guide rod in two of my STI 1911s and won't go back to a traditional FLGR. A little pricey, but worth every penny.