Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig Sauer 1911

Ok so I bought a Sig Sauer 1911 .45 today it has the rail and ambi safety, speed chute, threaded barrel and lightrail that came with a lazer dot. I have a 1911-22 made by them so I thought I would add one to my collection I haven't shot it yet but it but was wondering everyones thoughts on this I gave only 1,000 for it when it was marked 1,200 so I feel I got a good deal on it. I know it wont compare to my Wilson or my springfield that has been worked by Wilson but would like to know so pros and cons from anyone who has owned one and what to look for? I will take the good bad and ugly all are welcome. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Chances are it will work just fine, and make bullets go where you want them to go if you do your part. Assuming it does these things who cares what everyone else thinks about it?

I had an opportunity to shoot one a few years ago, and the example I shot fed, fired, extracted, and ejected reliably and shot pretty much to point of aim. Wasn't my gun so I didn't go screwing about with the sights, but all they needed was some drifting for windage.

Feedback Score
    Good luck with the new pistol. Just curious where does Sig make their 1911's?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One of My issues was they don't fit a standard 1911 holster do they?
    Shoot that bad boy, you know it's a beater for you, considering your other two guns. Have fun with it. Many folks are not too impressed with Sig on this forum but who cares.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One of My issues was they don't fit a standard 1911 holster do they?
    Unless its the "traditional model" they now make, no, the original Sig slide profile will not fit in a standard 1911 pattern holster.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I owned a Sig TacOps Carry for a while. It had several issues from the factory. The barrel was out of spec at the link; the factory link that was suppose to be correct for the gun was too long and I had to swap it out for a shorter link. Also, the gun had a very erratic ejection pattern, including throwing brass at my face and even over my left shoulder. It functioned fine after replacing the link with one of the correct length but the erratic ejection pattern made me sell it. There are better guns at the $1k price point but they won't have the options your gun has so its a pick your poison kind of deal. Hopefully it runs well for you. Mine was a tack driver as many others have reported on the Sig 1911's.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Re: Sig Sauer 1911

The sig 1911s are made in exeter, nh. The production will likely be moved newington once their new facility is ready. I was told by an employee that the most senior employees work the 1911 production line.

From my mobile phone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCI1911 View Post
    I owned a Sig TacOps Carry for a while. It had several issues from the factory. The barrel was out of spec at the link; the factory link that was suppose to be correct for the gun was too long and I had to swap it out for a shorter link. Also, the gun had a very erratic ejection pattern, including throwing brass at my face and even over my left shoulder. It functioned fine after replacing the link with one of the correct length but the erratic ejection pattern made me sell it. There are better guns at the $1k price point but they won't have the options your gun has so its a pick your poison kind of deal. Hopefully it runs well for you. Mine was a tack driver as many others have reported on the Sig 1911's.
    Yes I did notice it had kinda a weird brass ejector on the side of the slide compared to all of the other 1911's I have ran. Was wondering if they had failures out of that

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StewDaddy View Post
    Yes I did notice it had kinda a weird brass ejector on the side of the slide compared to all of the other 1911's I have ran. Was wondering if they had failures out of that
    I didn't have any failures due to the extractor but it will surely piss you off when you catch a piece of brass square to the face hard enough to cut you open.

Some of the guns have this issue and apparently others don't as I've been told by many internet comandos that the Sig 1911 extractor is just fine. Hilton Yam disagrees and I'm with him.

Feedback Score
    Regarding fit: it depends on the holster. I carry my Sig 1911 Stainless Carry with the Sig profile slide in several holsters made for the Colt Commander and it fits fine. Here it is in a Galco.

The fit issue is over-stated. My Sig profile gun has fit in the vast majority of holsters I've tried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast