Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good first gun choices for children

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    The CZ is more expensive but a very well put together package and would be a rife my son could pass down to his kids. I can see him presenting it to his son in 30 years saying, "This was my first rifle and I remember the day I got it....."
    Never underestimate the power (and inherent value) of creating a memory. Guns which are passed down, along with a bit of family lore, are often the most treasured of all. Each of my grandfathers (paternal and maternal) rather coincidentally passed an 1897 Winchester shotgun down to me, and the pair might as well be worth a half-million dollars as far as I am concerned.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Never underestimate the power (and inherent value) of creating a memory. Guns which are passed down, along with a bit of family lore, are often the most treasured of all. Each of my grandfathers (paternal and maternal) rather coincidentally passed an 1897 Winchester shotgun down to me, and the pair might as well be worth a half-million dollars as far as I am concerned.

AC
    I know what you mean. I was given a Winchester 94 carbine that is over 100 years old by my grandfather when I was a teenager. The rifle has been in my family since it was purchased new. He even knew how many deer he had killed with it . My son will be the fourth generation to own and even hunt with it. I have a couple of others with some real stories attached.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    If you're willing to go with a semi-auto, try the S&W M&P 15-22.

Okie John
    There-ya go.. If a semi-auto would work, the 15/22 is the ticket.. JMO.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My kids are all grown now, but if I were in the market for a single-shot youth rifle I'd opt for a Thompson Center Hot Shot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

good first gun choices for children

Hard to go wrong with the CZ 452 Scout. I have one for both of kids. They are what I would call an heirloom quality first rifle.

Feedback Score
    The CZ scout is looking better and better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12