Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holsters

Feedback Score

Holsters

Hey all, just got my para 1911 single stack in yesterday and I am now in the market for a holster, what does everyone out there use? What material should I go with? Leather? The plastic type? It will be used for daily carry at my ranch. Any input is appreciated!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Leather.
    Valovak from Alex Nossar
    IBS from 5 Shot Leather
    ISP-LP from Matt Del Fatti

The only kydex I have liked for the 1911 so far is from Blade tech, but it is for competition.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good choices there.

I'd also recommend the Sparks VM-II and Brommeland Max Con V for IWB carry. Just remember to invest in a good belt while you are at it.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score

Holsters

I have a thick leather western belt that I wear every day... Will that do? What kind of belt would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thick by itself may not be good enough. However, your belt might be ok. I wear a Matt Del Fatti belt everyday. I also really like Mitch Rosen's belt. The Beltman belts are of a much lower quality than those previously mentioned, but do the job and are cheaper.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Rigidity is more important than thickness where gunbelts are concerned. Generally, I'd say that if you buy a belt from the same place you ante up for a high-quality holster, you'll be getting a lifetime product that will serve you well.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Rigidity is more important than thickness where gunbelts are concerned. Generally, I'd say that if you buy a belt from the same place you ante up for a high-quality holster, you'll be getting a lifetime product that will serve you well.

AC
    AC, as usual, you say it better than I do.

Stubby,
    to give an example of AC's point:
    The double thick Filson belt is a very thick, robust belt. It is not a gun belt because it is not rigid at all. The heavier the pistol, the more important it is for the belt to be rigid.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    re: gun belts

You want a double stack gun belt, not just a thick belt. The grain, two grain faces are what makes the belt sturdy. The standard gun belt is 1.5" wide, comprised of two 7/8oz straps, which makes for a thickness of almost 1/4" thick. You can also get them in 1.75" & 1.25". Most holster makers build belts so I'd recommend buying your carry rig all together. It makes for continuity between hardware, belt loops & straps and dye color.

Feedback Score

Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    re: gun belts

You want a double stack gun belt, not just a thick belt. The grain, two grain faces are what makes the belt sturdy. The standard gun belt is 1.5" wide, comprised of two 7/8oz straps, which makes for a thickness of almost 1/4" thick. You can also get them in 1.75" & 1.25". Most holster makers build belts so I'd recommend buying your carry rig all together. It makes for continuity between hardware, belt loops & straps and dye color.
    Very good point! I'll have to do some shopping around. Thanks all

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Re: Holsters

For kydex I recommend Dark Star Gear.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast