Thread: Is there any truth to this?

Feedback Score

Is there any truth to this?

Read an article on Breitbart tonight regarding a statement from the parents of one of the Seals from Team VI killed when their 'copter went down Aug 2011. Parents basically are saying, among other things, that their son and the others who died were dishonored in a ceremony in Afghanistan...

A video of the ramp ceremony intended to honor the fallen American and Afghan servicemen shows an Imam praying over the caskets. According to the Vaughns, a certified translation of the Imam’s remarks revealed he “desecrated” and “damned” the bodies of the Americans in Arabic.

Military brass prohibited “any mention of a Judeo-Christian God” at the ceremony the press statement says, but “invited a Muslim Cleric to the funeral for the fallen NAVY SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning as infidels to Allah.”
    Breitbart is usually pretty accurate, but also they are very political. I try hard to be sceptical of all I read and hear. Nevertheless, this should be easy to verify (assuming there is a video of the ceremony).

Does anyone know more about this?

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)

Feedback Score
    That doesn't help me very much. I find The Blaze less credible than Breitbart, and I guess until I learn Arabic, I won't really know what was said.

What the parents claim seems hard to believe, yet nothing this administration does, or orders the military to do, would surprise me any more.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I sure hope it's not!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If there is truth to it, we as a community should be very able to find out. I would say that, at that memorial there were more than likely teir 1 interpreters who overheard and understand all of what was said. My personal ability's only allow me to get about 75% of what was said and that is with out interpolation of the meaning. I'm sure some one knows some one who was there and people talk we all know that.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some of the parents are live on Fox News currently.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Some of the parents are live on Fox News currently.
    Yeah, and check out Dad:

Feedback Score
    "Come and take."
    ~~King Leonidas