Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

"Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

LOYALTY DAY, 2013

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence, our people have come together again and again to meet the challenges of a changing world. We have reinvented our cities with advances in science and reformed our markets with new understanding of the forces that guide them. We have fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace. We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding. We have held fast to the principles at our country's core: service and citizenship; courage and the common good; liberty, equality, and justice for all.

This is our Nation's heritage, and it is what we remember on Loyalty Day. It is an occasion that asks something of us as a people: to rediscover those ageless truths our Founders held to be self-evident, and to renew them in our own time. We look back to Americans who did the same, from generation to generation -- citizens who strengthened our democracy, organizers who made it broader, service members who gave everything to protect it. These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together.

Today, we rededicate ourselves to that enduring task. We do so knowing our journey is not complete until the promises of our founding documents are made real for every American, regardless of their station in life or the circumstances of their birth. Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course. Let us mark this day by pressing on in the march toward lasting freedom and true equality, grateful for the precious rights and responsibilities entrusted to each of us by our forebears.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...yalty-day-2013

Has anyone else seen this? The Progressive undertone is as clear as day. These are the three most telling statements:

"We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

"These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together."

"Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course."

This seems to be all about cloaking the Progressive agenda in the flag.
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

...except for the second amendment
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

Yay!!!! Now we have a May Day as well. Can we please please have massive parades with a bunch of military convoys through every city??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    F him and his "loyalty".

God, family, tribe, self, in that order. All others take a real far back seat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Yay!!!! Now we have a May Day as well. Can we please please have massive parades with a bunch of military convoys through every city??
    Don't forget your red party banner tovarish.....

Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-02-13 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Pretty insightful & fortelling speech by REAGAN who pretty much spells it out.

http://youtu.be/Fi3x7mmywDE

http://youtu.be/wdyvNub7KrA

Quote Originally Posted by sl4mdaddy View Post
    "we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

...except for the second amendment
    I think there's a few more than that under peril or re-defining according to their convenient definition.
    Noteably, 1st, 4th (of course the 5th which would be compromised by the 4th) 10th et al.

Depends what your definition of is, is.....

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Ha! Maybe he should retake an oath to our REPUBLIC. Maybe this time comprehend it as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This isn't news.

"During the second Red scare, it was made an official holiday by the U.S. Congress on July 18, 1958 (Public Law 85-529).[4][5] Following the passage of this law, President Dwight D. Eisenhower proclaimed May 1, 1959, the first official observance of Loyalty Day. [6] With the exception of Eisenhower in 1959 and 1960, Loyalty Day has been recognized with an official proclamation every year by every president since its inception as a legal holiday in 1958."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

EDIT: Perhaps I misunderstood and you're trying to say that a more traditional holiday is being hijacked for the Progressive agenda. If thats the case, I'd just point out that the proclamation is fairly generic, and the verbiage used is pretty appropriate considering the origins of the holiday. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this proclamation varied little from others before it.

2nd Edit: I'm not going to comprehensively review all of the proclamations, but I did look at 1998, 2006 and 2007. This year's proclamation is a virtual copy of 1998. Bush had a different focus and I believe I liked that approach more.
    Last edited by Alric; 05-02-13 at 13:02.
    Unprepared: Not prepared; caught by surprise; dead

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

I used to wake up early and get in front of that B&W TV to watch... lol

Wasn't every city tho, they only televised the one in Moscow
    Last edited by Alex V; 05-02-13 at 12:49.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have to admit, I kind of did want to march down Main Street with a Kalashnikov Port Arms, yesterday.

Last edited by MountainRaven; 05-02-13 at 21:55.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast