Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noveske Rail Question?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Noveske Rail Question?

Hey guys who makes John's handrails? Does he manufacture those himself? I really like the way they look, and I am not talking about the VLTOR Monolithic rails he uses, my guess it would be the standard rails.
    "An amature trains until he gets it right... A professional trains until he can't get it wrong" (Author unknown)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter.45 View Post
    Hey guys who makes John's handrails? Does he manufacture those himself? I really like the way they look, and I am not talking about the VLTOR Monolithic rails he uses, my guess it would be the standard rails.
    http://www.superiorweaponssystems.com/ar15midlength.htm

Feedback Score
    I would just add that compared to the Ultimak rail on my M1 Carbine, the SWS rail on my Low-Pro upper feels fairly smooth and doesn't have "teeth" that grab my bare hand.

Feedback Score
    I had a YHM LW which also had teeth, and IIRC Ayoob called the SOCOM II rail the "cheese grater." So now I know: all rails don't feel the same!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The SOCOM II rail was a nightmare. I couldn't swap it out fast enough.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone know if the sling swivel limits rotation now? It used to not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone know if the sling swivel limits rotation now? It used to not.
    rob_s,
    The one I got on my N4 Light Low Profile in February does not have rotation limiters. Overall I'm pleased with the quality of the forend, but this was a disappointment to me. I specifically chose this configuration over the Vltor VIS because of the integral swivel receptacles, but knowing what I know now, I might have chosen a different configuration.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Overall I'm pleased with the quality of the forend, but this was a disappointment to me. I specifically chose this configuration over the Vltor VIS because of the integral swivel receptacles, but knowing what I know now, I might have chosen a different configuration.
    buy a 18" SPR VIS or a Middy N4 VIS when that comes out. (ya know what TOS always says "buy both")

why were you disappointed? just curious because I'm waiting on a low pro middy N4 and this is the first upper of that configuration I've ordered.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    rob_s,
    The one I got on my N4 Light Low Profile in February does not have rotation limiters. Overall I'm pleased with the quality of the forend, but this was a disappointment to me. I specifically chose this configuration over the Vltor VIS because of the integral swivel receptacles, but knowing what I know now, I might have chosen a different configuration.
    Have you found this to interfere with normal sling usage? In other words is it a pain in the butt, and get twisted all to hell?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's just a minor nuisance to have to straighten out the sling when gearing up. I may just attach a MI or DD unit to the rail forward of the receptacle, which is what I have done on my pre-swivel LaRue tube on my Colt and what I would have done on a non-receptacle unit like the VIS.

This is a nitnoid observation in my book and should not in any way be misconstrued as a slam toward Noveske or SWS. I just wanted other folks to know of my experience, so that they might make informed decisions.
    Aubrey<><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast