Thread: POF rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

POF rifles

I've been researching them for a while. Kind of expensive. Any of you have any experience with them, and their gas piston system? They would appear to be top notch..? I did a search and nothing came up so I thought I'd bring up the topic. How do they compare to the other high end AR systems (LaRue, Noveske, LWRC etc.)

Thanks in advance
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score

Great Product

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    I've been researching them for a while. Kind of expensive. Any f you have any experience with them, and their gas piston system? They would appear to be top notch..? I did a search and nothing came up so I thought I'd bring up the topic. How do they compare to the other high end AR systems (LaRue, Noveske, LWRC etc.)

Thanks in advance
    Great end product (reliability (100%), accuracy(.75 - 1 MOA) & finish), premium price ($3k), long lead time (8 months)....but I do love my SPR/DMR build:

Only drawback is some feedback (did not experience this myself) regarding poor customer service.

I would do it all again...

Feedback Score

Cool POF? No, LWRC!!!

Zef, please no high-jacks.

This is a POF thread.

Thanks

Edited by Va_Dinger.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 03-30-08 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have seen a couple of POF rifles in various classes. They looked like very nice builds and ran with zero issues.

I would buy one.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen of some good ones and some bad ones. If you do a search there are some reports of them not being 100%...but that's just like everything else I guess.

I would have bought one a couple of years ago if the had standard height rail system. I don't care for the extra SIR type top rail. DD made some prototype rails for them but they never went into production AFAIK. They had them in a VIS too but I don't think they were ever produced either. Oh well.

Don't believe the hype about "no lube required". I didn't design it or anything...but hey, it's a FAL gas system with hard chrome inside the upper. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it still needs lube.

Feedback Score
    How do they compare to LWRC, or LMT's piston system. Also fit and finish compared to the others. There is a LWRC M4 flat top on Gun broker right now for $1300. Used but appears to be in mint. I want to jump on it but I want to compare. Any issues with LWRC rifles? Are they top notch as well? There price sure reflects this.... Are they worth the money, or should I get a basic LMT M4 flat top, and upgrade the piston system later?
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu