Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POF rifles

Feedback Score

Cool all things break.

I am not trying to say that either platform is perfect, maybe the magpul masada will fix all our problems? In my limited experience with only two LWRC's I would chose it over other platforms until HK starts selling the 416's, lol, later!
    -ZM

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abnartyguy View Post
    I am not trying to say that either platform is perfect, maybe the magpul masada will fix all our problems? In my limited experience with only two LWRC's I would chose it over other platforms until HK starts selling the 416's, lol, later!
    -ZM
    Ok, key words there.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score

Cool Key words for the key master.

mark5pt56,

I'm starting to agree with mpardun,"This smells a lot like a Chevy Ford debate to me." Good luck to all drivers.
    -ZM
    Last edited by abnartyguy; 03-30-08 at 17:40. Reason: spell check

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's be fair...I bet any gun would have had issues with what he did...Colt, HK, LWRC, POF, etc.

I know of a few bad LWRCs for sure...I own one. But I have seen a decent size sample of them perform well also.

I run it mainly 95% F/A and the last 10-15K have all been suppressed. The last 17-18K have only been wolf poly, 55 or 62 grain, with the 7-8k before that, 80% wolf the rest surplus. Somewhere between 25-30k have been run through my upper.
    IMO LWRC pistons are the best offered right now.
    He seems pretty happy with it.

Feedback Score
    I have a POF 16" and love it. It had issues with the first PMAG's but none with the current models. It is heavier than most AR's out there but not a real issue because I don't carry it around everyday. Fit, finish and function have been 100% since I switched to the new PMAG's and accuracy is -1MOA. The major complaint I have had with POF is regarding Chris @ POF, they should definitely get someone else to deal with their customers besides him. +1 POF.
    4%'er

“I'm the weapon, this is just a tool"
    -Michael Wilson

Feedback Score

I can speak for the fit and finish, also the.....

the wait time. My rifle is a DSArms ZM4GTC which is really a 416 POF, it took 4 months to get. Fit and finish are very good. Have not gotten to the range yet but that is in the works. Seems to me a gun, like any mechanical device when used heavily, will sometimes break down and need repair, does not matter what name is on the lable. I would say go for it, piston guns make a whole lota sence. FWIW
    Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I held one Friday at 2nd Ammendment in Tucson. It is a nice piece.
    Scouts Out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heijutsu View Post
    I have a POF 16" and love it. It had issues with the first PMAG's but none with the current models. It is heavier than most AR's out there but not a real issue because I don't carry it around everyday. Fit, finish and function have been 100% since I switched to the new PMAG's and accuracy is -1MOA. The major complaint I have had with POF is regarding Chris @ POF, they should definitely get someone else to deal with their customers besides him. +1 POF.
    Chris is Franks son and is actually a pretty nice guy.

Feedback Score
    The first POF we had in the store was flaking chrome lining from the barrel as we pulled it from the box. The customer who special ordered it was not pleased when the rest of it shot out the front in the first 3 rounds. The replacement would not run with anything, until the chamber was reamed and polished, our gunsmith of 24 years standing proclaimed the chamber to be 'severely undersized'.

This was 2 years ago, they may have that all fixed by now.

Much more recently, another customer of mine that comes through on his trips through TN has one that stopped working after several thousand rounds - he took it dirty to a 3-gun competition and it slowed and then stopped. He was shooting it with Wolf, and it got...wait for it...too dirty. The Gas trap area was clogged with carbon, and had to be scrubbed out. He was not amused, to put it mildly - people do not buy piston rifles and anticipate them becoming too dirty to run.

I know 6 other people, personally, who are happy with theirs and have no troubles - I have fired their guns with no issues. All internet secondhand stories disregarded, these are my personal experiences with their rifles. I find the rail to bit a bit bulky by comparison to things that are not an ARMS SIR.

I will not derail this thread as requested, but I will state that I prefer another available system on the market. My own experience with POF causes me to favor of other options.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Current POF barrels are coming with a process similar to Tennifer, so there is no chrome. However, thats the first I've heard of a peeling chrome barrel from POF. It sounds like it wasn't ready to get plated.

As far as dirty weapons not running, thats a non-event that way I see it. I ran a POF without lube, and with a can on it for 500 rounds (hard). The weapon is never going to look as pretty again, but it still ran. The piston was a project getting it out, and getting the piston area and related parts clean took some heavy scrubbing, but its still a machine, and use & abuse obviously creates the need for cleaning.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast