Thread: Hi everyone. This is my rifle, it is for fun

Feedback Score

Hi everyone. This is my rifle, it is for fun

Built this a year ago. It's your standard CavArms MkII lower (buffer and grease gun mag conversion) with an SRT suppressed Oly Arms Upper.

I'm using a cheap POS scope because happens to have notches every 5 MOA and the bullet drops 10 inches at 100 yards. I want to get an EoTech, but I cant think of any way to do the holdover for longer distance shots.

Feedback Score
    I dont know about anyone else but that upper is BA.

Feedback Score
    Nice build

Feedback Score
    Any ideas for an optic that would be useful for judging bullet drop? 45 ACP bleeds off speed very slowly but it has a rainbow trajectory.

I really love EoTechs but I can't live without bullet drop compensation. An Eotech would be fine out to probably 50 yards and definitely adequate for racoons and possums, but I want to be able to reach farther.

I know there was a "post your reticle" thread on AR-15 but I hate AR-15 on general principles.

Feedback Score
    Hows this coming???
    Did you find an optic worthy of your cauze?

Quick Karl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    I hate AR-15 on general principles.
    Roger that.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    Any ideas for an optic that would be useful for judging bullet drop? 45 ACP bleeds off speed very slowly but it has a rainbow trajectory.

I really love EoTechs but I can't live without bullet drop compensation. An Eotech would be fine out to probably 50 yards and definitely adequate for racoons and possums, but I want to be able to reach farther.

I know there was a "post your reticle" thread on AR-15 but I hate AR-15 on general principles.
    Contact a guy named "Chad" on here. He works for Pride Fowler Optics and can probably help you.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How far are you wanting to shoot?

Have you chrono'd any loads out of this?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v