Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magtech CBC 62gr FMJ 5.56 (556B)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To be honest, you won't find this quality of ammo for cheaper. $450-$500 will be the new "norm" for 5.56.

C4
    What makes you think it'll be different this time than after the last "scare" when the President was elected? Prices shot up then as demand skyrocketed and then after a year prices dropped to pre-scare prices ($300 per k, plus or minus $20). I know the dry spell will last much longer this time, but I don't see any reason why eventually prices won't level out (other than inflation and increased cost of materials and gas, which shouldn't be too much).
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    As far as I know material prices have gone up and because manufacturers know that they can price it accordingly and it will sell.

Why sell ammo for 375.00-425.00 a case if you know you can sell it for almost 500.00 per case?

Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    What makes you think it'll be different this time than after the last "scare" when the President was elected? Prices shot up then as demand skyrocketed and then after a year prices dropped to pre-scare prices ($300 per k, plus or minus $20). I know the dry spell will last much longer this time, but I don't see any reason why eventually prices won't level out (other than inflation and increased cost of materials and gas, which shouldn't be too much).

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Order completed. Waiting at front door.
    Eric

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    To be honest, you won't find this quality of ammo for cheaper. $450-$500 will be the new "norm" for 5.56.

C4

All things considered this would seem to be true.

While I know I can probably google it, for those of us reading this here can you specify where this was made and if they have any previous related affiliations? And while it's brass cased, does it seem to shoot clean?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Ammo never got this high last time. On top of that, the US Govt wasn't buying it either.

In 2012, QUALITY M855 for $430 a case sooooo.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    All things considered this would seem to be true.

While I know I can probably google it, for those of us reading this here can you specify where this was made and if they have any previous related affiliations? And while it's brass cased, does it seem to shoot clean?
    It is made by CBC in Brazil. Magtech/CBC/Sellier & Bellot are all the same company.

C4

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Grant, will the 55gr be the same price? The $370 price on your site looks good.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Grant, will the 55gr be the same price? The $370 price on your site looks good.
    We haven't updated prices on M193 in over a year. We also don't intend to stock M193 as long as we can get this 62g FMJ.

C4

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    We haven't updated prices on M193 in over a year. We also don't intend to stock M193 as long as we can get this 62g FMJ.

C4
    Good idea. I like this ammo a lot.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Good idea. I like this ammo a lot.
    Me too. I think that Federal used to make something like this (62gr FMJ without the steel core in 5.56), but I have never seen it.

C4

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast