Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbine class: If you could pick only one......

Feedback Score

Carbine class: If you could pick only one......

...which class and which instructor would you pick? I'm still fairly new to the AR and would like to take a class. There are so many companies and instructors, I thought you guys that have taken many classes could narrow it down for me. I'm looking to become more familiar with my AR, as well as learning the fundamentals of tactics, drills, etc. I can afford one class....hopefully one in the 4-500 dollar range. Opinions, recommendations, and personal experience are all very helpful. Thanks.

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Larry Vickers Basic Carbine Class.

No question hands down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can learn a lot from a number of instructors and training outfits out there.

If I could only take 1 class, it would be a Vickers carbine class.

Feedback Score
    One carbine class ever? SFAUC! Seriously thats a hard choice. I have not been to a single class that had everything. Two classes would be easy. But if pressed for just one course before that person got into a gunfight, I would probably have to say TR's Fighting Rifle. It may not be the best for a SOF stud, but I believe a new "shooter" will come out of that class better prepared for a gunfight then any other two day course I have taken.

Once again I really believe that one should plan for at least two classes, and plenty of practice, however if forced to pick just one, that would be it.

Feedback Score
    Pat rogers or Vtac.

since i havent taken larrys class yet i cant comment.

Feedback Score
    Larry and Pat will handle your needs and expose you to enough similiar and enough different theory and technique to give you a good basis to continue your learning. They're kinda like potato chips...you can't partake of just one!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LAV without a doubt

Feedback Score
    I've taken carbine classes from a number of training providers, including every one mentioned in this thread, with the exception of Viking Tactics. I can highly recommend Scott Reitz of ITTS, Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical and Larry Vickers of Vickers Tactical. Your money will be well spent with any of them. I would also recommend a class by Louis Awerbuck - I've taken pistol training from him and am convinced the man is supernatural when it comes to spotting shooter behaviors, and Bill Jeans. I've trained with a bunch of folks that Bill Jeans certified as Patrol Rifle instructors and they're squared away. If he can make good instructors, I am sure he can produce effective users.

I also know this a$$clown named Erick Gelhaus who teaches for 10-8 consulting . He might know what he's talking about; but then again, he's a gun-writer. I know it wouldn't be a waste of time and money to take a class from him or any of the 10-8 guys.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Personally if I was only going to take one class it would be LAV's 3-Day Pistol/Carbine.

Feedback Score
    Right this minute? I would take one from Larry Vickers so we could argue about Glocks!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast