Thread: Boar down! M855 5.56 FTW ;)

Feedback Score

Boar down! M855 5.56 FTW ;)

This was my 1st hunt with my new AR I assembled.
    I just sold my AK and gear to make the move to the AR and I am loving it.

PSA upper, CHF CL M4A1 16", MI SS12G2 fore end
    Windham Weaponry Factory Lower
    Bushnell TRS-25 on a Lion Gears 1" riser

Federal 62gr xm855 green tip is the round used in this hunt.

I was stalking a tree line around 10pm in complete darkness, there was a little moonlight coming through the overcast sky, i was 10' off the treeline that I know pigs have been coming from. I was walking toe-to-heel as quietly as I could and I thought I could hear any/everything around. Then i see this shadow come out of the woods 15' in front of me I could just barley make out his shadow, so I turned on green kill light and he froze, I froze, slowly, I then aimed my red dot at his head and pulled the trigger,..... but was on safe, SHIT. I throw it to kill and he turns back for the woods at the sound of the click, then I let 5 rounds go through the woods in the direction I perceived him to be going.

Found him next morning 20 yards from where I saw him last, 4 rounds hit. 2 went completely through his mid, 2 ripped through his leg/hips into his groin area and stayed in. 150#s or more.

Last edited by Xrob; 09-16-13 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks

Thanks for posting....nice pig, I'll be he's good eating!!
    If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    Nice pig, but next time you should probably use a more appropriate expanding bullet for hunting. A quick, humane kill is what you want. Barnes VorTx is great.

Feedback Score
    Glad you got him, but I doubt I would eat a pig left overnight at hot as it is here in lower Alabama in September.

Feedback Score
    Thanks,

Yeah, this guy was for the wildlife to enjoy.

I came back 2 days later and found a couple small bones and some hair scattered around, that's it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrob View Post
    Thanks,

Yeah, this guy was for the wildlife to enjoy.

I came back 2 days later and found a couple small bones and some hair scattered around, that's it.
    Understood.

Feral hogs seem like squirrels around my house. Every time I kill one it appears that two more take its place.