Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tahr Hunting, New Zealand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent vid! Looks like great country.. I've got a little Sony shortwave radio (SW7600GR) and I pick up NZ on the 19 meter band (15720KHZ) quite often.. And I'm in Ohio! Would love to visit someday..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    What are the sights to see there besides hunting? The wife has not been anywhere at all. I'm on a Google hunt as we speak.
    Sounds like quite the improvement over NY eh? lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PathfilmsNZ View Post
    Well we have large local populations of introduced animals.

40% of the South Island is public land. 20some % in the North Island I think.
    Got any Chukar? Pheasant? How about huns or quail? If so, I think I just found paradise...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Sounds like quite the improvement over NY eh? lol
    Heck ya, we got rattle snakes and shit, plus there I can do the Haka and its normal, I can act the way I want and the wife cant say "your retarded" cause everyone does it.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Got any Chukar? Pheasant? How about huns or quail? If so, I think I just found paradise...
    We have Chukar (there's one in the video!), Pheasant and Californian Quail.

There are seasons on gamebirds though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    HA! Went back and rewatched it....sure enough I missed the chukar sighting the first time. Must've stepped away from the computer.

NZ seems like a good place to live as a hunter, I'm jealous!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PathfilmsNZ View Post
    Hunting laws are pretty good - year round. No seasons (everything is an introduced/"pest" animally legally), lots of public land, no bag limits etc.

Gun laws are okay - similar to Canada I guess. Not great, but not Australia levels of terrible.

Nothing poisonous except one species of very rare spider. It's nice and safe. Bring some bears over if you come, I want those.
    How do you feel about wild boar? Almost as dangerous and twice as tasty. I got a mess load of them, for trade on a "all expense paid trip".
    Last edited by lunchbox; 05-27-13 at 20:39.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It looks like the suppressor helped keep the animals around for follow up shots!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    How do you feel about wild boar? Almost as dangerous and twice as tasty. I got a mess load of them, for trade on a "all expense paid trip".
    We've got wild pigs already, can always use some new genetics I suppose. It's a deal if you throw in some Bobcats or Coyotes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    It looks like the suppressor helped keep the animals around for follow up shots!
    It's definitely nice for that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast