Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahr Hunting, New Zealand

Feedback Score

Tahr Hunting, New Zealand

Short film of Tahr Hunting, New Zealand. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/gQuMloJOXGc

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Great video it had all the things I love, I must admit to being a bit jealous of where you live at. Whats it like there as far as hunting laws and guns? I also have heard there is nothing poisonous there at all?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very cool, thanks for sharing it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent hunt and scenery, really enjoyed it.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Great video it had all the things I love, I must admit to being a bit jealous of where you live at. Whats it like there as far as hunting laws and guns? I also have heard there is nothing poisonous there at all?

Hunting laws are pretty good - year round. No seasons (everything is an introduced/"pest" animally legally), lots of public land, no bag limits etc.

Gun laws are okay - similar to Canada I guess. Not great, but not Australia levels of terrible.

Nothing poisonous except one species of very rare spider. It's nice and safe. Bring some bears over if you come, I want those.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PathfilmsNZ View Post
    Hunting laws are pretty good - year round. No seasons (everything is an introduced/"pest" animally legally), lots of public land, no bag limits etc.

Gun laws are okay - similar to Canada I guess. Not great, but not Australia levels of terrible.

Nothing poisonous except one species of very rare spider. It's nice and safe. Bring some bears over if you come, I want those.
    Everything is imported? No shit? I really had no idea, there must not be a lot of hunters?

Is military service mandatory there?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Well we have large local populations of introduced animals.

40% of the South Island is public land. 20some % in the North Island I think.

There aren't a lot of people here fullstop.

Military service isn't mandatory, our military isn't much use - who's going to invade us? Tiny island in the middle of the pacific.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PathfilmsNZ View Post
    Well we have large local populations of introduced animals.

40% of the South Island is public land. 20some % in the North Island I think.

There aren't a lot of people here fullstop.

Military service isn't mandatory, our military isn't much use - who's going to invade us? Tiny island in the middle of the pacific.
    LOL come on, I served with some of you guys, I cant say a bad thing at all, you guys had Bamina when I was in Astan! Same said for the Aussies good people both of you. Thanks for indulging my questions. I hope to some day visit your country, had a foreign exchange student in my high school from NZ she was HOT redhead WOW! Love the voice probably not as sexy on a guy! Thanks again for the info.

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    It's not that our military is bad, it's just that it's not really an essential for us, so mandatory service isn't a thing. We're not like some European countries etc where there is a historical precedent of having been invaded or a theoretical future thread of it. We're very isolated.

I hope that some day you can make it over here. It's a hunter's paradise for free-range public land hunting.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What are the sights to see there besides hunting? The wife has not been anywhere at all. I'm on a Google hunt as we speak.

Jonathan Morehouse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast