Thread: Having Trouble Finding CA Banned/Off List Lower List

Feedback Score

Having Trouble Finding CA Banned/Off List Lower List

I'm moving to CA in a couple months and I need to find some info on if I can bring my lowers and use the bullet button. It seems that Calguns.net had the info, but the website is down. Also, I can't find the flowchart.

I have a BCM lower, and 2 Mega Gator lowers.

Feedback Score

Having Trouble Finding CA Banned/Off List Lower List

Your lowers should be fine. The penal codes have all been changed, but the laws are currently the same. There are two separate AWB laws pending in the CA legislature, so you may want to double check when you do bring them in.
    Last edited by fourXfour; 05-27-13 at 01:26.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! I'll stay tuned for any changes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's a grip wrap that can easily be removed when leaving the state.
    http://shop.solartactical.com/AR15-A...N-GRIP-136.htm

If you put a brake on, grip wrap, and pin your stock, you don't need a bullet button. This is the option people use who have pre-ban mags.

Calguns has good info in regards to legal info.
    Last edited by pingdork; 05-27-13 at 10:20. Reason: Bad grammar
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    I think the bullet button suits my needs better. I don't really want to pin the stock and I don't think I would like the grip wrap at all. Thanks anyway though.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget, you can not legally import any large capacity (11+ round) magazines into CA.

But, you can legally import magazine parts and use those parts to make permanent 10 round magazines or keep them as parts & never assemble them while in CA.
    Last edited by Quiet; 05-31-13 at 10:21.

Feedback Score
    Now personally I'm not on the up and up when it comes to CA gun laws. However, I did read in an LA times article today this little piece of information. Not sure if this would affect you or not, also it hasn't actually been signed into law by the governor. But something you might want to look into.

"The Senate also OK'd a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accommodate detachable magazines. The measure, SB 374 by Steinberg, also would require those who own such weapons to register them with the state."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    Now personally I'm not on the up and up when it comes to CA gun laws. However, I did read in an LA times article today this little piece of information. Not sure if this would affect you or not, also it hasn't actually been signed into law by the governor. But something you might want to look into.

"The Senate also OK'd a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accommodate detachable magazines. The measure, SB 374 by Steinberg, also would require those who own such weapons to register them with the state."
    A friend sent me the same article last week. I hope it doesn't get voted in to law.

Is it to say if I make it in to CA on time before the bullet button is banned all I have to do is register it with the state? That's not a huge problem for me since I am active duty and won't be in CA for more than 4-5 years.