Thread: Magpul Armorers Wrench

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Magpul Armorers Wrench

I've used the Magpul wrench several times to install standard flash hiders. Today I went to install a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 SF3P flash hider and found that the wrench flats are exactly .750" where as on the typical flash hider wrench flats (I had a few lying around) were always .003" to .005" under .750".

Anyone else ran into this?
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have one. But I use a 3/4" craftsman wrench without issue. Have you tried a different tool?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My Craftsman 3/4" open end wrench is too thick to fit the wrench flats. I used to use an old, off brand, ground down wrench but I thought the Magpul would accommodate the Surefire.

I'm picking up a Brownell's AR15 wrench (shown in a Surefire video working with their products). Boils down to standards vs. other standards...
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I use a trick that Robb Jensen, M4C Staff member and armorer at VA Arms taught me. Get a Craftsman or other maker's tappet wrench. They work great.

I got one at a local pawn shop tool bin for 4 bucks, I think.

I do love my Magpul wrench, and use the heck out of it.

Feedback Score

Magpul Armorers Wrench

Magpul tool rocks. So does my Hammer Head tool.....
    Last edited by user; 01-28-17 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It took me a while to move over to the Magpul wrench and now that I have, I feel like an idiot for not moving over to it sooner. Hands down the best armorer's wrench I've ever used.

For flash hiders I have an old S&K wrench that works perfectly.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    The Magpul wrench is the best of the "combination" or "multi" type wrenches... The more purpose built task specific wrenches still do a better job though.

My favorite barrel wrenches are made by 2UniqueLLC and BRD Engineering. My favorite stock wrench is made by Brownells.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Magpul also missed having a 1/2" drive socket opening at the castle nut end for torque wrenches.

Besides the flash hider wrench size issue and that, it's a quality tool.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 01-28-17 at 12:33.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I like my Magpul wrench for what it is. In addition to what's mentioned, another limitation is the enclosed castle nut wrench doesn't fit over some pistol buffer tubes.