Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk me out of this rifle...Please

Feedback Score

New Guy

I'm new so I'll be brief as I have almost no experience with rifles but alot with pistols. I looked hard at the 556 vs the robinson xcr. I ended up with the 556 SWAT mainly due to the fact that SIG is an established company who has been around for a long time. Maybe it is like pulling teeth to get service out of them but at the end of the day they will be there if you need them. My two cents.

Mule

Feedback Score
    I like mine, if I thought it was a pos I would sell it off.
    The irons do suck, but if you are running an optic its not a big deal, they are buis anyway...
    If you have any problems with the gun Sig will fix them.

If you really want one get it, never know when the other will be released.
    I kinda like a little variety anyways.
    Some folks really go hard on the Sig but seem to tout a rifle that I see alot of problems posted about. I think I have seen one guy post that he did'nt like the sig after he bought it.

Feedback Score
    I've almost purchased an XCR before but there are several things about it that give me reservation. The Sig is the same way and I am now waiting for the FN SCAR and/or ACR to come out. I will wait see the comments about those too before purchasing. I just feel the pressure of a new assault weapons ban looming and want to have some goodies ahead of time. And yes, I am confident that they will grandfather...

As far as the LWRC, I already have an LMT piston upper on order and can't wait to get it out to the range.

Feedback Score
    I bought a new SIG 556 that was made in December 2007.

My rifle came with the back up sights and I added SIG's accessory rear sight, a Magpul CTR, SIG bayonet lug, and a standard AR birdcage flash supressor. The build quality is excellent on mine and the (non-folding) stock tube is thick aluminum (much heavier than a standard AR).

At first I was kind of ambivalent, but after the above mentioned changes, I am really liking this rifle now, it is reliable and accurate and I would not hesitate to use it anywhere in place of my Colts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12