Thread: Surefire x300 Larue Mount

Feedback Score

Surefire x300 Larue Mount

Got my x300 for my duty rifle in the mail today and have a question. What exactly does the Larue mount do for the x300 that the included mount doesn't? This is not a slam on Larue. I have plenty of Larue gear and love it. Just wondering if the SF mount is inherently weak or what.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Metal vs plastic. If it were the same height I'd run one on my 10" SBR on it's X300.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    What exactly are the height issues. Have a pic of your SBR? I'm working on my first (10.5 LMT)
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
    What exactly are the height issues. Have a pic of your SBR? I'm working on my first (10.5 LMT)
    It's taller. The way I have my light on my SBR the LaRue would make the light interfere with the sight picture when using my iron sights.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Hmmm.. I may have the same issue then. I plan to place mine in the same spot. I'm using a different front sight (Troy), but I'm kind of assuming I'd run into the same problem.

Has the heat caused any problems with the plastic mount?
    Stephen
    Molon Labe