Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Budget (<$75) EDC knife?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    crkt m16-14zsf
    http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River.../dp/B0014VYUBO

That is exactly what i was looking for - thanks.
    Seeing this price makes this almost too good to be true, but it appears these guys make a solid product, been mentioned here a few times.

I know there's numerous discussions about who carries what, but no specific thread on anything really considered budget, while there's quite an extensive offering.

Which makes me wonder in all honesty - what does a knife that goes for about 10 times as much have to justify that cost?

Probably will go ahead on this and leave a follow up.
    Last edited by polydeuces; 06-03-13 at 14:10.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    another vote for the blur

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Blur-K.../dp/B0015ZXCT0

my edc is a kershaw chive since I have to dress up for work, its a great little knife but its a bitch to sharpen
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Re: Best Budget (&lt;$75) EDC knife?

Hi, I carry and use my kershaw leek everyday. it is a great, little, inexpensive knife. $40-$50 at walmart. Easy one handed operation. Had 2 crkt knives, both had terrible steel...

From my mobile phone

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    crkt m16-14zsf
    http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River.../dp/B0014VYUBO

That is exactly what i was looking for - thanks.
    Seeing this price makes this almost too good to be true, but it appears these guys make a solid product, been mentioned here a few times.

I know there's numerous discussions about who carries what, but no specific thread on anything really considered budget, while there's quite an extensive offering.

Which makes me wonder in all honesty - what does a knife that goes for about 10 times as much have to justify that cost?

Probably will go ahead on this and leave a follow up.
    i've used mine to pry car doors apart (not open, but apart enough to get a crowbar into) and haven't broken it. and it still opens smooth as butter.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For edc you can carry whatever you wish, but for self defense you need a fixed blade.

Materials cause the prices of folders to spike. After all, titanium, g10, and super steals aren't cheap.
    Last edited by TheJawn; 06-03-13 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    In your budget, I would say Kershaw Knockout, Kershaw Skyline, Kershaw Blur, Spyderco Manix 2, Spyderco Delica, Spyderco Stretch or Benchmade Griptilian.

If you can stretch to $100, I would say that the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is one of the best EDC knives at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Better materials, tighter tolerances/QC, made in america, better resale, not as common/lower production runs or handmade, etc. Basically what you're paying for anytime you jump to the premium level. I don't think I own a single knife I purchased myself that isn't worth more used than I paid for it new. Some of them by many times more.

CRKT is a fine choice if that's what you want to spend. For $30 you could have a US made Kershaw Skyline though, but it's not as "tacticool."

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Skylin...ershaw+Skyline
    Last edited by jstalford; 06-03-13 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    Spyderco Endura, Delica, or Tenacious

Ontario RAT 1 or 2

Cold Steel Lawman

All good knives at a fair price. Decent steel that is easy to sharpen.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just spend less than your $75 budget and buy both the Ontario RAT and Kershaw Leek.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I'd add about $20 and look at a blem ZT 0350.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go with a Benchmade Griptilian. They are just about $75 bucks. Made in the USA, it has the axis lock (which is the best lock on the market for a folder) and a lifetime warranty. Benchmade is a great company and has excellent costumer service. If you ever have any problem at all with the knife they will take care of it.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast