Thread: SF M952 Thorntail Mount with Dbal-i2 question.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

SF M952 Thorntail Mount with Dbal-i2 question.

Did a search but couldn't find anything so here goes..

I've got a 6920 with a KAC RAS rail on it (not sure if that makes a difference or not) and also have a DBAL-I2 mounted as far forward at the 12 O'clock position on the rail as I can get it. My question is this. With my current light being a SF M952, I'm thinking of switching over to the HSP Thorntail mount for the light. With the light moving from the current 3 O'clock position to 1 O'clock(ish) position, am I going to run into clearance issues between the light and DBAL? I know I've seen similar setups with smaller lights (scout lights, etc), but with the thickness of the M952 I'm afraid it won't quite fit. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, yes; you will have a clearance issue with the 952. It is too big to fit there correctly. I would suggest getting a Scout Light for this application.
    TNVC
    Director of Operations & Product Development
    www.TNVC.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well that's too bad. I have been looking into the scout lights anyway though, so it's about time I just got one. I guess I'll just have to build another rifle to throw the M952 on

Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    How close is this to fitting? Will a little bit of file work on the light body sort out the issue?