Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Tagged for interest as well. About to receive my first smr mk2 are there any rail panels that work with the mk 2 or is it unexplored land still?
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6point9 View Post
    Nice setup! Did you have to do any other modification to the panels or backers?
    No modifications needed...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evoutfitters View Post
    No modifications needed...
    Nice. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Swapped my NSR for a 13" SMR MK1 in sand which is a little more brown than sand to me. I like it a lot. Ordered a Aero Precision burnt bronze upper to go with it (and also it wouldn't fit my MUR upper). Install was simple and straight forward with the Geissele reaction rod.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone have any updates on any other companies that may have produced any new handstops or covers that don't require any modification? Did some searching and only saw the Weapon Controls handstop so far but maybe my google skills are weak.

Feedback Score
    Can you provide some more pictures in sunlight? I'd like to see how close this mix matches the Razor HD color. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    Can you provide some more pictures in sunlight? I'd like to see how close this mix matches the Razor HD color. Thanks.
    Give this a read in regards to DDC matching....pretty much hit or miss

http://geissele.com/desert-dirt-color-ddc

Feedback Score
    I'm attempting to match the Vortex Razor HD color in a cerakote finish. No recipe exists, that I can find at least, and Vortex is being tight lipped about it.
    Your mix seemed to be pretty dang close from the pictures at least.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is it possible to run some kind of VFG on the MK4? I'd like to put a section of rail or the VFG right behind the 6 o' clock rail.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Is it possible to run some kind of VFG on the MK4? I'd like to put a section of rail or the VFG right behind the 6 o' clock rail.
    Some people have used the Mkll rail kit, but they only work on the older MklV rail due to spacing on the bottom vent holes. I use shims for my KAC URX 3.1 rail panels but I'm not sure how they would hold up to pressure from a VFG. They work for the panels though.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast