Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kVon View Post
    Some people have used the Mkll rail kit, but they only work on the older MklV rail due to spacing on the bottom vent holes. I use shims for my KAC URX 3.1 rail panels but I'm not sure how they would hold up to pressure from a VFG. They work for the panels though.
    Do you have any pictures of that? I'm having a hard time imagining this. Are you using longer bolts or something?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Do you have any pictures of that? I'm having a hard time imagining this. Are you using longer bolts or something?

Hard to show with the rail installed. Basically a metal shim under the square nuts that fit in the rail.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    I am having such a hard time figuring out which way I want to take my current RECCE build. I just got in the 16" Rainier Select today and the barrel decision took me over a month so I can only imagine how long the handguard decision is going to take.

I thought I was all set on BCM's new KMR but I'm now having second thoughts.

I love the SMR but I also love the PRI (Gen3) and BCM KMR.

Whats funny is that the 3 handguards are completely different from each other. I just don't know what to do.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Hard to show with the rail installed. Basically a metal shim under the square nuts that fit in the rail.
    I'm feeling pretty stupid. What's the purpose of the "shim"? I'm thinking spacers or something?

The side panels of the KAC panel kit bolt directly onto the rail, the bottom onto the square nut. It looks like you have the side and bottom panels on. Are you using the hardware that came with the kit?
    How much modification did it take if any to get them to sit flush?

This is on a MK4 right?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm feeling pretty stupid. What's the purpose of the "shim"? I'm thinking spacers or something?

The side panels of the KAC panel kit bolt directly onto the rail, the bottom onto the square nut. It looks like you have the side and bottom panels on. Are you using the hardware that came with the kit?
    How much modification did it take if any to get them to sit flush?

This is on a MK4 right?
    Yes. MklV. The shims are to add spacer for the nuts to tighten too. The nuts are small enough that they would start to come through the vent holes, so the metal shim adds more surface area between the rail and nut (on the inside of the rail).
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yes. MklV. The shims are to add spacer for the nuts to tighten too. The nuts are small enough that they would start to come through the vent holes, so the metal shim adds more surface area between the rail and nut (on the inside of the rail).
    Ah I see. Same thing on the sides? Have any pics of the whole rail?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ah I see. Same thing on the sides? Have any pics of the whole rail?
    Prior to install

Feedback Score
    Did you make the shims?

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    Did you make the shims?

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7
    No, I bought the rail with them already installed from a guy on TOS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast