Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 227

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    266
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I'm gonna get one of these for my 300black build.
    America is not at war... The U.S. Military is at war... America is at the mall.
    I love cigars!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    125
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anyone know if the 9.5 MK4 will clear a Middy FSB?
    Thanks
    NRA Life Member Since 1993

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    121
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by uniform64 View Post
    Anyone know if the 9.5 MK4 will clear a Middy FSB?
    Thanks
    Im almost certain it will not work.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Near a cornfield...
    Posts
    1,212
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWguy206 View Post
    My "Jack Daniels" AR15, which is just a BCM Jack Carbine clone.
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0fe92c30.jpg
    My "Billy Jack" AR15 which is just a BCM Jack Carbine near-clone.






    Bill Tidler Jr.
    **************

    ...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    49 (100%)




    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    O'ahu
    Posts
    3,162
    Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    this is going to get locked we already have a pic thread for this and I dont think you can just start a pic thread?
    Its more of an info thread than pic thread, and its pretty hard to keep it all straight since they're constantly updating the designs. I didn't realize they have MOD numbers on them though, that'll help.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I didn't realize they have MOD numbers on them though, that'll help.
    not all of them do. it looks like mine is an earlier mk2 version (no "rev" or qd hole). Does anyone know of all the different variations? it'd be nice to get a list going of what changes are made to each revision

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    230
    Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Here's a list I've kept to get you started. I've built uppers with the following versions so these are all confirmed. I don't know if this list is complete but feel free to add if you can confirm something not shown:


    MKI 10", 13" (Slick, smallest OD, threaded inserts to attach rails direct)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Oversize phillips-head socket cap bolts. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 2: Exactly the same as V1 but with QD sockets on both sides.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer countersunk on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. Black anodizing has a blue tint to it.

    MKII 9.5", 10", 13" (Slick, larger OD, removable keyed backer plates that serve as mounts for rails)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Allen socket cap bolts with slight countersink. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 2: Exactly the same as V1 but with QD sockets on both sides.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. (Also, note that the 9.5" rail has replaced the 10" rail.)

    MKIV 9.5", 13" (Slick with short fixed rails at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock)
    Version 1: Original design. Only current rail with aluminum barrel nut. Small anti-rotation wings. Larger head allen socket cap bolts, countersunk. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side. Laser engraving near barrel nut.
    Version 2 (Current): Aluminum nut updated to new chamfered design. Bolts are newer lo-pro allen head socket caps. Vent holes below barrel nut removed.


    You could also add the following prototypes and specials that have been shown publicly:

    The "Trident" Rail 13" MKIV (Sand) rail w/ square bottom vent holes (owned by a member here)
    Citizen Arms Rails 9.5" & 13" MKII & MKIV rails with HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    Cola Warrior Rails (2) 13" MKIV rails (Sand, Grey), with special engraving and HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    Keymod rail 9.5" MKIV (in the white) proof of concept shown recently by Bill

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^^^exactly what i had in mind. thanks!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Here's a list I've kept to get you started. I've built uppers with the following versions so these are all confirmed. I don't know if this list is complete but feel free to add if you can confirm something not shown:


    MKI 10", 13" (Slick, smallest OD, threaded inserts to attach rails direct)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Oversize phillips-head socket cap bolts. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 2: Exactly the same as V1 but with QD sockets on both sides.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer countersunk on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. Black anodizing has a blue tint to it.

    MKII 9.5", 10", 13" (Slick, larger OD, removable keyed backer plates that serve as mounts for rails)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Allen socket cap bolts with slight countersink. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 2: Exactly the same as V1 but with QD sockets on both sides.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. (Also, note that the 9.5" rail has replaced the 10" rail.)

    MKIV 9.5", 13" (Slick with short fixed rails at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock)
    Version 1: Original design. Only current rail with aluminum barrel nut. Small anti-rotation wings. Larger head allen socket cap bolts, countersunk. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side. Laser engraving near barrel nut.
    Version 2 (Current): Aluminum nut updated to new chamfered design. Bolts are newer lo-pro allen head socket caps. Vent holes below barrel nut removed.


    You could also add the following prototypes and specials that have been shown publicly:

    The "Trident" Rail 13" MKIV (Sand) rail w/ square bottom vent holes (owned by a member here)
    Citizen Arms Rails 9.5" & 13" MKII & MKIV rails with HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    Cola Warrior Rails (2) 13" MKIV rails (Sand, Grey), with special engraving and HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    Keymod rail 9.5" MKIV (in the white) proof of concept shown recently by Bill
    Great info. Thanks!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •