Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What about putting the angle bridged rectangles on top too? I'm assuming there must have been a specific reason as to why the old top vent holes have not been incorporated in the redesign?
    There is a 45 deg QD swivel attachment point that can go in the top slots. Not that I have ever sold any but we have it designed and made.

Thats why the top slots were never changed.

I personally like the obrounds top and bottom.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by advan031 View Post
    Here's my MK4 Mod 1 Rev B

I'm not sure you can build a rifle better than that one besides going w/ a SD trigger model, and the CASS ST model imho. Perfect specimen head to toe. What are the specs?

I'm pretty sure I know almost exactly how that rifle feels, handles, and shoots.....as I got one kinda like it

Mk4 proto sand 13"

Pre- production Mk1s in 13", and 15" black models

Pre- production Mk2 13" sand model

Lastly.....Mk1/ Mk2/ Mk4 13" rails side by side

Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-20-13 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My BCM/ HSP Jack Carbine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sagmill View Post
    the "angle bridged rectangles" are the lightest, strongest profile that has openings that will not allow a finger to be inserted.
    I don't think anything more needs to be said. Light and strong is a lot more important than looks (and they look perfectly fine to me.) I'm glad for the improvement.

Edit: Actually, I'd prefer those on the top too, if it means lighter weight. You can always add a QD mount on the side.
    Last edited by ejskle; 06-09-13 at 08:38.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Damn Trident! So sweet!
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    Nice man. When are you getting it cerakoted?
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINCOGNITO View Post
    Nice man. When are you getting it cerakoted?
    thanks- i decided not to. i couldnt decide on a color and also i couldnt justify spending another $200 on a color change when i still dont have a light for it.
    im also over trying to chase down another version of this rail. once i got it put together, the mk2 feels very solid and i see no reason to change
    edit- except maybe for the same rail in sand
    Last edited by Riddle; 06-09-13 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    Mk4 13" SMR 18" Noveske SPR bbl, mil spec upper, Noveske gen 2 chainsaw lower, Vltor Emod..Just got back from the range. I didn't shoot much, just zeroed the scope with 75 gr TAP.

I was considering waiting for a longer model, but 13" seems fine, and the balance is really nice.

Same upper, on a different lower:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    thanks- i decided not to. i couldnt decide on a color and also i couldnt justify spending another $200 on a color change when i still dont have a light for it.
    im also over trying to chase down another version of this rail. once i got it put together, the mk2 feels very solid and i see no reason to change
    edit- except maybe for the same rail in sand
    Funny, we have similar builds. I just ordered the latest Mini Scout light last night and that completes the parts for the build. I was fortunate enough to have sold my MK4 and purchased a MK2 Rev C in sand from a fellow member before they disappeared. It does feel solid and the sand finish is perfect which is why I feel a little guilty having it cerakoted. But as a soon as I get a new lower from Noveske (fitment issues), I'll be shipping it off to JFE and dealing with a color dilemma.

What ACOG is that?
    Last edited by ZINCOGNITO; 06-09-13 at 15:02.
    NAVY

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast