Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old AR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I wouldnt' spend a dime on that upper. It is 1980s gun show special junk.
    LOL! I love it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
    ...I took some DuraCoat cleaner/degreaser to it and it cleaned up well so I'll leave it as is.
    There ya go. Saved yourself some time, money and aggravation
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-07-13 at 22:42.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    very nice!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have seen several of these uppers over the years and they are strictly .223 cut chambers. Avoid 5.56 pressure loads as I have seen three Ka-Booms and a few more cracked uppers.

My suggestion is to trade it off since you have no idea of its history or the ammo shot out of it. But if your intent on keeping it only shoot low pressure Russian .223 steel cased ammo and have a competent AR armorer preform a full inspection to insure its safe.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I have seen several of these uppers over the years and they are strictly .223 cut chambers. Avoid 5.56 pressure loads as I have seen three Ka-Booms and a few more cracked uppers.

My suggestion is to trade it off since you have no idea of its history or the ammo shot out of it. But if your intent on keeping it only shoot low pressure Russian .223 steel cased ammo and have a competent AR armorer preform a full inspection to insure its safe.
    +1 on this

Feedback Score
    The PM marking is Capco/ Martin Marietta. Should be Sandstrom 9 in finish. AFAIK, there is nothing wrong with the upper by itself. Been running one of these on an XM clone since 1989 without issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12