Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Checked Out The Colt Marine 1911...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hilton Yam had some positive things to do say about it, but it did get a lot of flack on the internet before release.

I don't really have an opinion formed on it, but if there's a 4,000 dollar price tag on it I'll pass.

Can anyone confirm if they're built in the Colt Custom Shop or just hand fitted during the production line?

Feedback Score

Anyone Checked Out The Colt Marine 1911...?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I haven't heard a single good thing about these guns; either in civilian or military hands.
    There is a lot to be desired for a $2k MSRP Colt.

Major Dislike-

Stainless Steel Slide and Frame.

I am certainly interested in how this weapon pans out over the next few years with MARSOC. If it truly is the drop in parts gun advertised; and runs as a service pistol is expected, it would be a major accomplishment for Colt. Time will tell.

I know the Civilian Model is not the drop in parts weapon issued to MARSOC. I chalk the price up as more of the "novelty factor" for the 1911 enthusiast than the fitting performed by the Colt Custom Shop- and the reason I would ever pick one up (novelty).

I really am a big fan of the 1911 and carry one when I can...

However, as an issued service weapon there are just to many Modern Service Pistols that make more logistical sense.

I will reserve judgement until the objective "End Users" of the M45 weigh in. Shooters/Operators are..for the most part objective in their assessment of new gear.

One thing about a Colt of this nature...

Buy it, stick it in the back of a safe for a few years and the resale price is significantly more than the MSRP. Especially after it is discontinued.

The AAR's from the MARSOC Operators will be the most profound voice in regards to the M45.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is there somewhere that I can read the detailed Marines reviews on the Colt and the Springer MC Operator. All I remember seeing is that the Colt was selected because of performance. Nothing else
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I wouldn't call them "superb" but I am happy that MARSOC also has G19s.
    Springfield Pros and the USMC marked 1911s they built for 'em are about as good as a 1911 gets.

IMO 1911s aren't superb no matter what kind it is, but Springfield Custom builds 'em as good as they can functionally get.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From what I remember, the two realistic contenders were Springfield Armory and Colt, but despite the issues with Colt 1911s, the Colts were still selected.

It was interesting. The only info and photos released I could find on the 1911 trials for MARSOC revealed significant failures of the pistols submitted by Colt. However, not one detail was ever produced, to my knowledge, indicating whether or not the Springfield Armory MC Operator was even fired, let alone performed adequately or failed.

If someone has the info, I would love to see it. I picked up the MC Operator about a month before the initial media release of the Colt M45. I am still satisfied with my purchase, but I would love to own the pair.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The M45s are hand built PWS made guns, they are being removed from the system at this time. The Colt made guns are M45A1s.

It was my personnel opinion that many facets of the selection process were waived in order to get a weapon now vice getting something that met the requirements

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Springfield Pros and the USMC marked 1911s they built for 'em are about as good as a 1911 gets.

IMO 1911s aren't superb no matter what kind it is, but Springfield Custom builds 'em as good as they can functionally get.
    I have personally seen a pile of MEU/SOC guns down for repair in the 1st Force Armory in Las Flores. No thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: Anyone Checked Out The Colt Marine 1911...?

Quote Originally Posted by R0N View Post
    The M45s are hand built PWS made guns, they are being removed from the system at this time. The Colt made guns are M45A1s.

It was my personnel opinion that many facets of the selection process were waived in order to get a weapon now vice getting something that met the requirements
    "needs of the Corps", not needs of Marines?

Sent from my Proctor Silex Toaster Oven using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by BBossman; 06-06-13 at 06:05.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    The USMC pistols are just going to be bought up by collector's as safe queens.
    Pretty much.

The historical significance of this run of pistols, per LAV, is that they will likely be the last of the GI issue 1911's ... ever. The civilian models are being made by the Colt's Manufacturing Custom Shop. The USMC guns are made by Colt's Manufacturing (handguns) and are being distributed to the USMC via Colt Defense LLC (M4's).

I was told the production run would be limited (400 in total?) and that a maximum of two units per order will be allocated to an FFL who orders them.

Dealer cost is under $2,000. Retail, not including gunbroker, is about $2,650 ish when they pop up.

They sure are purdy. Will never know if they're built like crap, most prolly ain't gonna shoot theirs.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 06-06-13 at 06:15.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    The USMC Colt Rail Gun is one of the best current offerings on the market today that will surely increase in value

My suggestion is to buy one as reasonable as you can when you can afford it

A collectible historically significant 1911 - no brainer

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast