Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an aluminum XM177 telescopic buttstock.

Feedback Score

Looking for an aluminum XM177 telescopic buttstock.

I have a friend needing one for a build, original or reproduction is fine. Rubber/vinyl coated is the one he is looking for.

Thanks guys.

Rob

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am looking for one as well for a 654 clone I am building.

Essential makes them, but does not show them as available.

http://essentialarms.com/STOCKS.html

I am going to call them and see what the story is

Update: I called them, they are hoping to do a production run in the next few months
    Last edited by TMS951; 10-03-13 at 09:59.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for giving them a call, I had seen them on the website but were never in stock.

Rob

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merch...ode=ARA+STOCKS

Claimed to be genuine colt, but the newer plastic one, not the original aluminum. Florida gun works does not have the best rep either

I have a cheap plastic version now, I'll just be patient in hopes essential does another run. I have one of their lowers and the finish and machine work on it is very nice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Purchased this one today:

http://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/produ...tock-aluminum/

I have no idea of its quality, or that of the vendor. The finish does not look right to me, its looks anodized maybe?

Either way, for 99$ and being aluminum and a mil spec tube i'll give it a try.

I'll report back on it when it shows up. I'm pretty excited this was the last part I needed for my build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Post a WTB ad over on Sturmgewehr's parts and accessories board. There was one advertised there a few months ago.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I received my stock from Tonys Custom.

The quality is about a 3/10, it is aluminum, and it is cast. I would also say its the correct dimensions and shape.

The positives end there. I don't know what the finish is on it, its not anodized. It looks parkerized, idk if you can even do that to aluminum?

I ordered the "Mil spec" diameter kit. It did in fact come with a 5 position milspec receiver extension. The buffer is a carbine buffer, I would assume, its unmarked. The rubber piece on the end is not the right type of rubber and looks very weak.

The worst part: The fit of the stock body to the receiver extension. It is very loose, so loose its also loose on a commercial receiver extension. I am going to use it on that commercial receiver extension, while loose its a little better.

I took the stock body apart and cleaned up some of the rough and sharp casting flashings and my friend is going to powder coat it for me in a color close to the real vinyl.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have not seen real ones in at least 15 years. Your best bet is Gunbroker and Ebay.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IIRC, Sarco had beater CAR stocks not long ago. You might want to check with them and see if they have any left.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Had my friend powder coat my stock from tony's custom. He powder coated it really thick and its looks quite good. Here it is on my 654 clone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast