Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK12 Mod Wormydog

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

MK12 Mod Wormydog

In my quest for AR Supremacy, I have found my safe full of SBR's. Nothing wrong with that but I have decided to try something different. I have recently been turned on to the MK12 Mod 0. I like the style, look, feel, and utility of it.

Already having two AAC cans, I really don't want to spring the cash for the correct OPS can. I am going to make do with what I have. I do not want to use an 18" because with my can it will leave a lot of barrel exposed. Nothing wrong with that, but its my build and I want it a certain way. With my research I found there is a 16" midlength MK12, designated the MK12 Mod H for Holland. I don't know the history of it but have seen it around the interwebz. It uses the OPS can and the PRI gas block/front sight can't be used, not enough room for the rail and can and gb/fs.

I said to myself "Self, why don't you just make a MK12 dissipator?". And therefore I am.

Here's the plan, use a BCM SS410 16" Midlength barrel with lo pro gas block, PRI 12" Gen III handguard, PRI SPR PEQ top rail, then put the PRI gb/fs in front of the hand guard in the rifle spot. Obviously it will not be a functioning gas block, but a folding front sight. Hence making it a Dissipator, but a MK12 Mod H at the same time.... and there I have a MK12 H/D.

I know its a cluster **** of setups but I think it will work and look slick too.

Parts list:
    BCM 16" SS410 midlength barrel
    BCM low pro gas block and gas tube
    Probably BCM BCG
    PRI 12" Gen III handguard black
    PRI SPR PEQ full length top rail
    PRI gas block/front sight
    PRI gs buster CH, just because I have one and its never getting used otherwise
    ARMS #40 rear sight, probably low profile
    ARMS #22 rings, probably medium since I'm using....
    Trijicon Accupoint TR20 green mil-dot 3-9x40
    unknown upper receiver I had laying around
    Not sure on the lower or which stock I will go with, maybe SOPMOD, PRS, or A2
    Geisselle SDE for the trigger because I already have that.
    AAC SDN-6
    AAC M4-2000 when the stamp arrives

Again its not an exact clone, not really a clone at all. More of a mutt of several configs rolled into one. Its not a she, it doesn't have a girls name. Its a gun, a firearm, a defensive weapon, a gosh damn ****ing boom stick.

Here's what I have so far.

Not pictured is the SDN-6 which is on my MK18 right now

Since the barrel steps down from .750 at the gas block to .725, then again to .700 an inch behind the threads, I am going to have to modify the PRI gb/fs so it clamps securely to the .725. I don't think it will be big deal though.

Here's an artists rendering of it. The optic and suppressor will be different than pictured however.

Question comments concerns?
    Last edited by Wormydog1724; 08-22-13 at 09:24.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Cool project. I love the mk12 mod 0.

Since it is not a clone, i would go a Vltor emod or imod. There are a lot of stock choices, but those are my favorites.
    Last edited by David Thomas; 06-17-13 at 15:50.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

MK12 Mod H/D

I like it.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I apologize to Iraqgunz for not posting a complete build. I am going to keep updating this thread as the parts come in and as I assemble it. And of coarse a finished firearm and range report. Please don't lock my thread.

ETA: holy shit when did I become a 'senior member'? That's interesting. Is it just by post count?
    Last edited by Wormydog1724; 06-17-13 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I think you will be OK as long as you stake the castle nut........lol.

I like it. I will be standing by to see the complete build....have you thought of a UBR for the stock?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I think you will be OK as long as you stake the castle nut........lol.

I like it. I will be standing by to see the complete build....have you thought of a UBR for the stock?
    I have thought about the UBR, but when I have used it before on two previous builds, both of which were lighter than this particular one, it just seemed to make the entire weapon too heavy. No I'm not a puny pansy pantywaist. And I probably, no not probably, I won't be humping this weapon for long distances, but I don't want it just overly obese either. But you say, 'then why do the PRI top rail, and other non-essential parts that ultimately add weight?'. And I say, because.

Honestly though the UBR is being considered, but not real hard. I will say it did somewhat add balance to the guns I put it on before, but at the cost of adding too much overall weight, for me.

Feedback Score
    Snow camo. Definitely snow camo.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Good looking build to be.

Is that the pimpmygun website?

Quote Originally Posted by Wormydog1724 View Post
    I apologize to Iraqgunz for not posting a complete build. I am going to keep updating this thread as the parts come in and as I assemble it. And of coarse a finished firearm and range report. Please don't lock my thread.

ETA: holy shit when did I become a 'senior member'? That's interesting. Is it just by post count?
    Yes the Senior mark is 1000 posts.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-19-13 at 13:52.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Good looking build to be.

Is that the pimpmygun website?
    Yes it is. The version 2 has more better parts but version 1 has the pri handguard.

You do good hydro work. I had my 6.8 dipped by a company here in Okla. I thought about having this build dipped, but I'm not sure which pattern I would go with. My 6.8 has a mossy oak brush type pattern, it's by Outwest actually but looks like the mossy oak kinda.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Got a few more parts in the mail today.

On the way are the ARMS #22-M, #22 TRC, #22 TRR, #37 RI, #40 LP.

Should be done afte those are installed, then I shoot it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast