Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MK12 Mod Wormydog

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sweet build! I've got a bcm ss410 16" I plan to do something similar with.

Feedback Score
    lookin good!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Now just need some time behind the trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

MK12 Mod H/D

Looks awesome, PRI stuff is always sweet!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

mk12modhd2 by wormydog1724, on Flickr

MK12MODHD by wormydog1724, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Awesome pics, that pri front sight just sets the whole thing off. Got any pics without the can, how does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    How are you liking that scope? I love my AccPoints but I would prefer if it were a 30mm tube. What do you think?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Sorry its taken so long for me to get back to this thread. Been busy this summer and haven't been able to get out to shoot much. But last night I did load up some 40 grain V-Max bullets with some Varget powder. I did 26.2, 26.5, 27, and 27.2 grains, 10 rounds each. I got out today after work, 92 degrees and no wind. I shot the left group first each time, then the right group. I wasn't going as slow as I should have, but **** it was hot and I was ready to go home.

Anyways, I started with the lowest and watched for signs of pressure or whatever, and my last 10 rounds I put my can on and shot 10 more rounds of the 26.5.

Here are some pics

I'm going to try the 27 and 27.2 again with the can on and try to figure out exactly how much shift I am experiencing with and without the can.

I've got the Giesselle Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger in it. Not a bad trigger but not my favorite. Actually wanting to trade it for a different Giesselle trigger, any suggestions?

The 26.2 grains was definitely the most pleasant to shoot. Soft recoiling and not loud without the can. But of coarse the accuracy was the worst. The 27 and 27.2 had some pop to them, I don't think I will try more than 27.5 because the 27 and 27.2 were both slightly compressed. Not that that bothers me, but just don't want to tempt it. The oal was 2.255-ish, as long as I could go and still fit in the mag. Seemed to work pretty well. I am working up the 40 grains because I want to murder some prairie dogs this winter and next spring.

The boom stick

MK12ModWormydog-11 by wormydog1724, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know the whole PRI rail thing is very dated, but man it looks sharp. Kudos to you for coming up with something so original. That is seriously an awesome one-off custom build right there!

Have you gotten around to weighing your rifle yet? I'd be really interested to see where you are at compared to a "real" MK12 MOD0.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I know the whole PRI rail thing is very dated, but man it looks sharp. Kudos to you for coming up with something so original. That is seriously an awesome one-off custom build right there!

Have you gotten around to weighing your rifle yet? I'd be really interested to see where you are at compared to a "real" MK12 MOD0.
    I appreciate the kind words.

I'll weigh it when my nightforce scope arrives.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast