Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Most embarrassing moments in matches

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Got another one to add. If it wouldn't take forever I would just upload the whole day. Never got in my groove.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=xGl4v_mQ55A

Feedback Score
    It was the first time I ever shot a pump shotgun [yeah at 60 years old I should have but I never did pump] I was at an event where I had to shoot the Texas star so I shot the first shot went well as you all know . I pulled the trigger for the second shot and nothing happened after I realized what needed to be done for the next shot I just about fell to the ground laughing at my self. I wasn't embarrassed though I usually suck at the shooting sports but I still have tons of fun. That is why I shoot.
    Last edited by SteveS; 04-24-14 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    It was the first time I ever shot a pump shotgun [yeah at 60 years old I should have but I never did pump] I was at an event where I had to shoot the Texas star so I shot the first shot went well as you all know . I pulled the trigger for the second shot and nothing happened after I realized what needed to be done for the next shot I just about fell to the ground laughing at my self. I wasn't embarrassed though I usually suck at the shooting sports but I still have tons of fun. That is why I shoot.
    I have fallen victim to the same. I know I'm holding a pump, BEEP!, I forget I'm holding a pump.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Was at a handgun course in the hot az sun and the last day was shooting various stages for time and bragging rights. I'm pretty anal about tactical reloads and load verification every time I holster my gun. For some reason I said nope I'm good, it's to hot out and holstered. Next stage, and for some reason all of the other groups amassed to watch, buzzer goes off and click. Pouch one low round count, attemp to reload, pouch two empty and magazine was in the dump pouch. Complete mental desamation.

Feedback Score
    I took my son to a much larger match than the local stuff we usually go to. A friend suggested it was a good match. A long trip, etc. but my son was really looking forward to lots of big stages.

We shoot production Berettas.
    Only issues I have ever had in a match, and I can count on one hand over the years, were primers that have failed to fire. And a second pull of the trigger has always remedied that with my reloads but once with factory ammo it was a dud.

I had accidentally packed 3 of the newer Beretta factory 17 round mags with the plastic followers and bases. They do not always slickly fall free when empty and they should not have been in the bag. This place also had a ton of sand vs. dirt.

Somehow a mag that had been used on the previous stage and ate sand got back reloaded and into my use stash.

At about 1:40 I go to drop a mag and it fails to drop. Cleared. Then a round that does not fire with two strikes. Then a mag change after a slow to drop mag, and the slide will not go forward on the new mag. More issues in a single stage messing up my chi than in all other matches put together.

And it is at one with a long trip, hotel, etc.

I have had a failed primer strike or dud before. I have had a slow or failed mag drop before with those light factory 17 rounders. I have never had both at the same time, let alone and in a large helping of gritty sand to gum up the works all going on at the same time.

To this day my son will not admit to loading up that sandy mag and sticking it in there...
    but it would have been a sly move to get me on that stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuWpTs7h5gw

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was in an IDPA stage, with a less than 50 rds fired brand new p220, and had to do a mag change w/ retention. dropped the new mag face down into the wet Washington sand. Banged it on my leg and listened, cringing as I crammed the wet large sand covered mag back into my brand new pistol. Not horribly embarrising... but the sound I'll never forget.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456