Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 9mm 1911 conversion from SACS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    So Dave says there's a #14 in there right now. It seems a bit light to me, but I'm assuming that's because I've also got an EGW square bottom firing pin stop in there. That, coupled with the super tight bushing, leads me to believe that a heavier recoil spring would slow down the slide too much. He does recommend switching to a heavier spring as the gun wears in, however.
    Keep in mind that a 1911 slide is pretty damned heavy.

Most guys that are loading their own ammo or are shooting factory 115 grain offerings are running EXTREMELY light recoil springs in their guns. We are talking 9 or 10 pounds. I personally run an 11 with 135k power factor ammo and have run up to 147k power factor 147 grain loads with no issue whatsoever. A 14 will work but might end up dipping your muzzle upon lockup. My gun is also a 5 inch so im not sure how much that will change the recoil characteristics.

What type of ammo are you planning on running out of this?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SACS continues to impress me, looking forward to some range reports

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: My 9mm 1911 conversion from SACS

Not a little tight, but puckered-up-butthole-on-a-scary-roller-coaster tight.
    This is the best description of tight ever! Made my night!
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My 9mm 1911 conversion from SACS

For whatever reason I am having a hard time finding a contact email for SACS, anybody have it? I want to see if they can weld my dawson to the frame

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My 9mm 1911 conversion from SACS

Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Greatly appreciated

Feedback Score
    Right now I've got some Remington 115gr that I'm planning on using this coming weekend. I'm suspecting the gun will have some problems cycling it, but Dave Williams himself told me it will run any commercially available ammo. So I'm going to put that claim to the test.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Hope to hit the range tomorrow with my new T3 in 9mm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Right now I've got some Remington 115gr that I'm planning on using this coming weekend. I'm suspecting the gun will have some problems cycling it, but Dave Williams himself told me it will run any commercially available ammo. So I'm going to put that claim to the test.
    How did it work out for you?

1k out of the 3k that i ran through the 1911 was remington and it worked marvelously with the 11 pound recoil spring. No sight dip and a decent slide velocity.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Very nice I have a Loaded in 9mm i'm about to do some work on myself. questions for you though.

1. Did they give you a titanium firing pin or steel one?
    2. Do you happen to know what weight they used for the main spring? My loaded came with the 29lb MS because of the titanium firing pin.

I want to swap that stuff out to get 14lb recoil and i think 23 is the proper weight but i'm not sure, MS. I also think that if i go down to that weight i have to switch to a steel firing pin. So i just wanted to know what they did so i can follow.
    Btw i also use the Metalform 10 rounders have been hit and miss for me. I must have got a bad batch a while back. I had to send 2 of them back to Brownells for under powered springs and had to replace a 3 spring with one from wolf. With good springs they run really well though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast